Columbia or NYU?

chinp

Well I have admits from columbia and NYU poly for computer engineering program and I am totally confused because Columbia is obviously better ranked and all but it is not offering me and aid whereas NYU is.

Without any aid, Columbia will be an extremely expensive school to go to but then I dont want to choose NYU and then regret my decision later. I have already rejected the offer from virginia tech as I wanted to go to NY :) .

Please help and thanx in advance !!

If this is an MS, I doubt that you will regret your decision later.  A Columbia degree with no aid will set you back $120,000 over two years (cost of attendance is $60K per year).  If you are getting significant aid from NYU, then your debt will be reduced.  But I don't believe that engineers coming out of Columbia necessarily make significantly more than NYU Poly engineering graduates.  I know that MS in engineering salaries can be high, but I don't know if they are $120K high.

NYU Poly is a great engineering school and you will likely get employment offers coming from there.

If this is for a PhD program, this is a no-brainer - definitely go to NYU.  Never pay for a PhD.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use