Waitlist....any hope?

sunscapee

Hey you guys I got waitlisted to master program in biology (UDel).  The director told me I was pretty high on the list but I'm really worry since its almost April 15 and there's no news from them.  I noticed funding/stipen are one of the major factor that play a role in people's decision.  This school only offer 22,000  annually and only accept 15-20 master/PhD student.  What you think is the application pool like this year?? Do you think I'm likely to get accepted off the wailist??  Please give me some insight... the wait is driving me mad.

Hey you guys I got waitlisted to master program in biology (UDel).  The director told me I was pretty high on the list but I'm really worry since its almost April 15 and there's no news from them.  I noticed funding/stipen are one of the major factor that play a role in people's decision.  This school only offer 22,000  annually and only accept 15-20 master/PhD student.  What you think is the application pool like this year?? Do you think I'm likely to get accepted off the wailist??  Please give me some insight... the wait is driving me mad.

I've been told by both schools I applied to that they received many more applications than last year, and their available funds is about half.

hey msocean, I actually got accepted yesterday.  I'm pschyed!!!  Hope everything is going well for you.

I was accepted at both schools I applied to, but funding is an issue for both.  My first choice is on their last round of offers, and I'm waiting to hear...maybe by tomorrow.  If not, I will attend my second choice.  They have offered me a TA-ship for both years and will waive out-of-state tuition.  In-state tuition is unbelievably inexpensive.  And since I am only applying for a masters, I didn't expect full funding.  Either way, I've decided to move forward with my MS as I think the funding situation is going to get worse over the next few years due to the sequestor.   I'm thinking that most universities will not fund a masters program at all.  And I really am not thinking that I want to stay for a PhD.  

Both schools I applied to have accepted 8-12 students each for the last 5 years.  This year my first choice has only accepted 2 MS and 2 PhD. My second choice has accepted 3 students, I don't know if the other two are MS or PhD.

Congratulations on your acceptance and the best of luck to you!