MSFS vs SAIS Bologna vs Elliott

KF IA

I've been admitted to GT MSFS, SAIS Bologna (1 yo Bologna, 1 yo DC) and GW Elliott. Rejected from American SIS, but whatever!

My top choices are MSFS and SAIS, but they offered no funding.  GW Elliott offered to pay half of my tuition, so they are still in the run.

Is it worth it to pass a half-free ride in GW Elliott to go to MSFS and SAIS Bologna?

Also, if you have any inputs on how GW, SAIS and MSFS compare please let me know.

Thanks!

It really depends what the focus of your studies is and what you're looking to get out of the program. Georgetown, I believe, is on the top of the rankings because it has an especially great reputation of preparing and getting its graduates jobs from the State Department. It has other strengths too but since it is overwhelmingly considered the best place to be for diplomatic careers, and that represents a large proportion of people who get MIAs etc., that bumps the school's ranking a lot.

There are a lot of good threads here in this forum. If you do a search with the name of the schools you'll find a lot of good information. I unfortunately can't give you my personal opinion without knowing what it is that you want to do with your degree.

Edited by JFactor

I want to work for an NGO, think-thank or congressional research office.  I will like to be involved in the designing foreign policy, while also having a strong knowledge of economics.  When I applied to GT I applied for the MSFS and MPP dual degree program. I got into MSFS, but I haven't heard about the MPP. The deadline for MPP was on the 1st of April, so I might not get the results for a while. However,  I need to accept or decline GW and SAIS by April 20.  Other strong research interests are about democratization, Eastern European politics and the Arab Spring.

I checked the forum, but I did not find a thread that compare GWU, GT and SAIS.