havent heard anything after graduate school interview and campus visit

xbxb

I got a graduate school interview and campus tour from Johns hopkins 7 weeks ago, after that I heard nothing about my admission status. I know someone who got interview with me at same time already got offer. Does that mean I got rejected or waitlisted? I hope at least I can get an email about my application status. Just wondering, should I send an email to ask about my status?

thanks

If it's been that long, it's certainly appropriate to email.  Most likely you were waitlisted - I found out I was on a waitlist after emailing a school after an interview, and I got the feeling I wouldn't have heard if I hadn't emailed them (about another matter, actually).  If they didn't outright reject you and you didn't get an offer while someone else did, they likely send out the first wave of acceptances and will move on to the next waves once people respond to the offer.  It can get very close to the deadline when you find out, but it's certainly still possible.  Good luck!

Yes, inquire about your status by sending a polite email to the department. This always worked well for me.

If it's been that long, it's certainly appropriate to email.  Most likely you were waitlisted - I found out I was on a waitlist after emailing a school after an interview, and I got the feeling I wouldn't have heard if I hadn't emailed them (about another matter, actually).  If they didn't outright reject you and you didn't get an offer while someone else did, they likely send out the first wave of acceptances and will move on to the next waves once people respond to the offer.  It can get very close to the deadline when you find out, but it's certainly still possible.  Good luck!

THX guys! That's real helpful!