University of North Texas

Meangreen23 did they not have a waitlist last year?
Not to my knowledge... I finished my undergrad there last year and they sent out letters in the mail in mid-march for accepted and rejected applicants!

Im confused as to how someone with a 3.25 and a 3.10 gpa got in before me honestly... it's really disheartening.

People with low GPAs still have something to offer. :) But I agree that the whole admissions process is pretty depressing!

Edited by CAY33

Im confused as to how someone with a 3.25 and a 3.10 gpa got in before me honestly... it's really disheartening.

Yes, it may be disheartening, but there's no need to be rude or negative. I actually find it kind of refreshing to see people with low gpa's got accepted. To me it shows that UNT maybe focused on the person as a whole instead of simply just numbers, which I think is great! GPA/GRE scores aren't everything!  The only thing we know about those people is their GPA. We don't know if they have amazing letters of recommendation, stellar personal statements, etc. Really, there are so many factors that could have contributed to them being accepted...

Yes, it may be disheartening, but there's no need to be rude or negative. I actually find it kind of refreshing to see people with low gpa's got accepted. To me it shows that UNT maybe focused on the person as a whole instead of simply just numbers, which I think is great! GPA/GRE scores aren't everything!  The only thing we know about those people is their GPA. We don't know if they have amazing letters of recommendation, stellar personal statements, etc. Really, there are so many factors that could have contributed to them being accepted...

Well that's rather rude.

People with low GPAs still have something to offer. :) But I agree that the whole admissions process is pretty depressing!

I feel like my statement is being taken the wrong way... im sorry to anyone I offended. I didn't mean it to be rude. I simply meant that it's weird... many people with higher GPA's were not accepted; the whole process to me is strange, and I dont understand what they are looking for.

Hi everyone!  I got into the program so I was wondering if anyone else did?  And if you did, is there a different forum for that?  I am in the process of trying to figure out where to live in Denton and needed some guidance on where grad students usually live. 

Good luck to all the waitlisted applicants!  :)

I use to live at the oaks and they are right next to the clinic (a two minute walk) and are really affordable! They don't have huge college parties all the time like other complexs! I know a few girls in the program right now live there as well!

Edited by meangreen23

I use to live at the oaks and they are right next to the clinic (a two minute walk) and are really affordable! They don't have huge college parties all the time like other complexs! I know a few girls in the program right now live there as well!

Thanks so much I appreciate it!  Did anyone else hear back?  I am going to go visit on the 15th and I am very excited! 

I also just got accepted off of the waitlist and was wondering if there was a Facebook group for those planning on attending?

Starbunny do you mind if I ask what your stats were? Were you notified by email??

I don't mind at all =) I have a 3.74. V: 157, Q: 145, AW: 4.

Yes, I was notified by email.

Are you waiting to hear back from UNT? If so, good luck!!!

• 1 year later...

Hey, yall! Best wishes to those of you waiting! I know it is the worst!  I was recently accepted off the waitlist and am so grateful.

For anyone in the area/knowledgeable, I would so appreciate tips on housing. I saw the oaks was recommended, which sounds great(but doesn't allow pets). I'd love to be near the clinic, am not from the area and will be looking for housing nearby and have a dog. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!!