Princeton WWS applicants (admitted or not) -- first choice?

For those of you who applied to Princeton (regardless of your admission status), was it your first choice? Why? Are there any other schools that you prefer to Princeton? Why?

If you remove the generous funding from the equation (imagine zero funding across the board), which would your first choice school be, and why?

Yes, the funding offer gives it the reputation that is a great program in a great school that is not a cash cow unlike HKS. it is also the most exclusive one and has the perfect level between professional and academic (unlike HKS which is a bit too professional). Go there and be happy!

Yes, even removing funding from the equation, it would be my first choice with SAIS a very close second.  I love the small community of 70 students, the opportunity to learn from and with MPP students, the excellent and attentive career services, the strong alumni network, the beautiful and historic campus, and the curriculum.  It meets my "good fit" test. 

Me too- without funding in the equation, I like how small the class size is and how good the career services office is

Also, I like how committed the entire school is to public service. I don't think they have a lot of students who want a public policy degree but don't have any goals to use it in the public interest

• 2 weeks later...

basically making that decision right now...in my analysis, equivalent quality to hks, but with a very different culture. best fit depends on what you want to do. that being said, if you don't get a full ride from another school, in most cases, it's a moot point (wws wins).

strengths:

hks: alumni breadth, entrepreneurial, professional

wws: supportive, service-oriented, academic