So, where are you going this fall?

superhamdi

Someone suggested a new thread for this.

Since we're nearing the end of the season, would anybody care to post their current state of deliberations? Final decisions, waiting lists, ambivalence?

Congratulations to everybody, best of luck.

I'll be heading to the University of Oregon with full funding (Ph.D). I was initially accepted to the Master's but waitlisted for the Ph.D.

Other Accepts:

U Kentucky (PhD) - Accepted, full funding

New School (MA/PhD) - Accepted with 50% tuition waiver

Marquette (PhD) - Accepted, no funding.

Duquesne (MA) - Accepted with 25% tuition waiver.

Miami University (MA) - Accepted with full funding.

U Montana (MA) - Accepted, no funding.

Rejected:

DePaul

Emory

Fordham

Penn State

Loyola Chicago

Memphis

Vanderbilt (not officially, but c'mon).

Anyone else here heading for Oregon in the fall?

Edited by LawrencevonBuskirk

I'll be headed to UC Santa Barbara.

Accepted at:

Rochester 

Iowa

Waitlisted at Indiana

No word yet from UCon...

Edited by MKEPhil

So I'm still talking to two of my waitlists, but I'm 90% sure I'll be going to Oregon (PhD) as well! I'm really nervous about living in Eugene, but after talking to some current students I'm pretty jazzed. 

That might not be official enough to belong on this thread, but whatever.

Rejected: Boston College

Wait-list: DePaul, Duquesne, UTAustin (Comp Lit)
Accepted off waitlist: Oregon

DePaul only has one spot left to fill--I'm on an unranked list of four people. Small chance, but it's still possible.
Duquesne is pretty much done for me--they already made offers to two of us in the MA program, so I think my chances are pretty slim.
And since I'm not so crazy about UTAustin, I'm almost fairly certain that I'll be going to Oregon, too, Lawrencevonbuskirk.

I'll be headed to UC Santa Barbara.

Accepted at:

Rochester 

Iowa

Waitlisted at Indiana

No word yet from UCon...

UConn has been really terrible this season about their waitlist, if that's what you're referring to. Apparently they waitlisted a lot of people and have been stringing them on for weeks/months now. I've corresponded with 3 people on their "waitlist" and they all said the same thing, more or less. Congratulations on UCSB! Were you the one in the other thread who was debating between IU and UCSB?

So I'm still talking to two of my waitlists, but I'm 90% sure I'll be going to Oregon (PhD) as well! I'm really nervous about living in Eugene, but after talking to some current students I'm pretty jazzed. 

That might not be official enough to belong on this thread, but whatever.

That's actually what I was going for, I'm interested to know who is still deliberating between waitlists, what their alternatives are likely going to be, etc. It might also be useful for others on those lists as well. Anyway, I have heard really great things about Eugene. Congrats!

UConn has been really terrible this season about their waitlist, if that's what you're referring to. Apparently they waitlisted a lot of people and have been stringing them on for weeks/months now. I've corresponded with 3 people on their "waitlist" and they all said the same thing, more or less. Congratulations on UCSB! Were you the one in the other thread who was debating between IU and UCSB?

Thanks. Yea that was me in the other thread.  Finally made up my mind that I'd choose UCSB over IU even if I did get in. UConn's been very odd.  All of the waitlists have been solicited, so I'm just interested in seeing what time they finally make announcements.

i'm headed to Florida State.  holla if you're joining me.

I may well be, though it remains to be seen. Sadly, the whole process with them (granted at the college level not the department level) left me with a sour taste. But, on the flip side, can't look a gift-horse!

Sorry, rambled; congratulations! 

I may well be, though it remains to be seen. Sadly, the whole process with them (granted at the college level not the department level) left me with a sour taste. But, on the flip side, can't look a gift-horse!

Sorry, rambled; congratulations! 

what happened, if i may ask?