Dino Posted April 11, 2013 Share Posted April 11, 2013 Hi all Here is my situation. I had applied for an MS degree to some schools. Now, at one particular school, two profs contacted me to ask me if I wanted to go for a PhD right now, and they would recommend me to the graduate admissions office for the same. Prof A had contacted me earlier saying that he wishes to recommend me for a PhD provided a guy he has already offered will turn the offer down.I liked the prof's profile and thus said OK, I will do it, Then he asked me to wait for about two weeks till the other guy responds. In the meanwhile, another Prof B had asked me for the same, with immediate recommendation offer. I said yes to him, as I was interested in PhD anyways now. And he did his recommendation. Now, the Prof A has got back to me saying that the first guy he offered has turned it down. I would personally prefer to work with Prof A. So...should I tell him that already Prof B has made the reco, but I would prefer him over B, so kindly make your reco as well ? should i let B know that I am more interested to work with A, and if so , how ? Will it be a negative point for my application if both profs report to the admissions committee that I have said I wanted to work with them ? Or should I just wait for the committee to decide on B's reco and the rest of my profyl...and then choose A at the time of selecting an advisor? How wrong is it to change the choice of advisor after you have been selected based on one of their recommendation in the first place? Please help !!!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now