Help!Public Relation@NYU vs Boston Uni, Still can't decide

cherrytt

Hello all, I'm new here. 

I now have to decide between NYU's PRCC(public relation and corporate communication) and Boston Uni's PR Program. I talked with some recent grads at both schools and they all said that they had a good experience, it's  quite difficult for me to just pick one.

here are my opinions

NYU:

Pros:excellent location especially for PR students, lots of internship opportunities. (NYU is my favorite school.)

Cons:the PRCC program is under the SCPS (school of professional and continuing study), sounds don't like a "real master“, I don‘t really know  its reputation. 

BU:

pros:PR program is under the college of communication, good reputation

cons: although Boson is an awesome city, but I don't think it also has so many opportunies for PR students, as my goal is to enter the PR industry after graduation. 

I would super appreciate any feedback !

Thanks your help! 

I was going to say NYU until you broached the possibility that it could be under the SCPS (I do know what this specific school is because I've researched a certification program here in the past). Is there a way you can find out for sure whether the program here is an actual master's degree? Have you looked up reviews online? Can you ask one of the students that you've been emailing with about this concern? Not that there is anything wrong with the SCPS at all, but it would just be an enormous deal-changer if you were under the impression it was an actual master's program when it may only be a certification program or something similar.

I know what you're saying about Boston not having as many opportunities as NYC, but the two cities are relatively close. If you decide to go with the latter, I'm sure your professors will also have industry connections in NYC. I almost want to say BU because of its general reputation (at least this is a certain). You can always move to NYC immediately after graduation. But, I would say try to find out all the facts about NYU first, if you can.

Good luck! 

I was going to say NYU until you broached the possibility that it could be under the SCPS (I do know what this specific school is because I've researched a certification program here in the past). Is there a way you can find out for sure whether the program here is an actual master's degree? Have you looked up reviews online? Can you ask one of the students that you've been emailing with about this concern? Not that there is anything wrong with the SCPS at all, but it would just be an enormous deal-changer if you were under the impression it was an actual master's program when it may only be a certification program or something similar.

I know what you're saying about Boston not having as many opportunities as NYC, but the two cities are relatively close. If you decide to go with the latter, I'm sure your professors will also have industry connections in NYC. I almost want to say BU because of its general reputation (at least this is a certain). You can always move to NYC immediately after graduation. But, I would say try to find out all the facts about NYU first, if you can.

Good luck! 

thanks!!! it helps a lot!

I am sure NYU-PR give the master of science degree not just a certificate, but the fact is that there are many working people in the class and the program accepted much more students than BU-PR did with lower standard.  

That's why I cannot just choose NYU unhesitatingly. >.<