If you are denied visa once, do you need another I20 to reapply for visa?

Hi, my visa interview is impending and I was wondering in case the embassy denies me a visa and I reapply, may I reuse the same I20, or do I need to have another I20 issued by another school?

thanks,

Why worry about something that hasn't happened yet and is unlikely to be a problem to begin with?

I have two thoughts: the first is that if you're denied visa, you should contact the international students office at your prospective school and get their help in dealing with the situation. None of us here are immigration experts. The second is that if you're denied, there is no reason to think that anything will change if you go back a second time with the exact same documents and same story. So you'll need to think why you were denied and work on collecting evidence to prove that they got it wrong and whatever they were worrying about is not a problem. At that point you should probably not be dealing with the embassy alone but rather get some help from an expert. But, again, these what-if debates are hard to make sense of without actual information.

I worked at the international students office of my former school, the only case in which someone was denied was because said someone was from ,Iraq and was a refuge in Syria what we did was contact the local congressman and he spoke to the department of state for us, a month later said student had a visa. To be honest I think once you have an I 20 is because any ok school has checked your document well enough that you should be fine (while I worked there even the Iranian student had no issues), so unless you are a refuge in a different country and your home country is one the US is at war with, provided you do have the money to pay for your course and no weird background check you should be fine.