What's the deal with GTown?

jpa

I live in DC and I just got my acceptance letter via snail mail about 30 minutes ago!

Btw, I applied to the MSFS program!

You do realize that the rest of us will ALL be sitting out stalking the postman tomorrow now, right?

Sorry! Just wanted to let you guys know the letters are out...and currently probably en route to your mailboxes. Good luck everyone!!!

It's not your fault we're all neurotic here... thanks for letting us know! (Now to see how fast the DC-NY postal link is...)

I'm freaking out guys and feeling a bit nauseous! Good to know that just because I didn't get an email I still may have a lifeline. Congratulations to you that have been accepted and I'll be waiting here in Los Angeles for those envelopes to get here soon!

Thanks younglions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everybody else who has to wait the weekend for their packet.

The cover letter stated that if funding was included then additional information would be enclosed. Unfortunately, I didn't get any. I even checked the envelope twice to make sure I didn't miss it :)

Oh well, I don't think MSFS is known for their generous funding offers anyhow. Did anybody have better luck?

It may. Any other people receive emails and are abroad? Any emails domestically?

I'm an international student outside the US applying for MSFS. And I havn't got an email yet. It seems that I need to wait for the mail?? I want to know the result asap as I will have to decide where to go and notify my sponser. I got into SAIS, SIPA, Fletcher and Elliott. Otherwise I'll choose SAIS w/o SFS result.

Still waiting for Georgetown, I hope I get something soon. I was notified of being waitlisted by GW. I have to accept their waitlist offer by April 24 and they will let me know if I am accepted by May 18. I am calling on Monday to see how far down I am. Err...

I got a 2/3 tuition merit scholarship, so that was exciting! they also said that over 1000 applied for 90 spots, so that amounts to really tough admissions process! Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet - they don't call it snail mail for nothing.

Was this scholarship notice included with your admissions letter? Or did it arrive separately?

Huge congrats on the scholarship - according to the MSFS website only 10-15% of 1st year students receive merit aid!

I got into MSFS but didn't receive any merit aid. I'm still waiting on my SAIS aid package, so hopefully I'll get some free money from them *crosses fingers*

It's definitely a possibility. It's funny because I always imagined when I heard from all of my schools, it would be an easy decision, but I like Berkeley, Fletcher, MSFS and SAIS, plus I am interested to see if I can get off the WL at HKS (although thats prob a long shot). So I have a lot of thinking to do...