UW Tacoma Vs UW Bothell for computer Science in M.S

Hi,

I have got admissions in both the campus (Tacoma and Bothell)  of University of Washington for M.S in Computer Science. Can anyone please let me know which campus is best academically and for campus placement. Please suggest ur opinion.

thanks..

A CS instructor whose opinion I respect greatly has said good things to me about the Tacoma program. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Tacoma branch is older and more established so I'd say it has the better reputation, but there is a lot of investment going into UW Bothell as far as beefing up technical programs and building dorms to make it seem less like a commuter school. If I were you I would look at what classes are offered when at each location and see what best fits your schedule and interests. You can also likely take summer courses at the Seattle campus and that is bus commutable from either branch. I think your job prospects coming out of either program will be very good. Bothell is closer to tech giants on the Eastside but if you're just doing a 1 year masters program I don't know how much that will matter to you. 

PM me if you have any questions about the city of Bothell (lived here for ~20 years). 

I don't know whether it has/will live up to the intent of the program, but the whole point of UW Bothell was to be a STEM focused institution, particularly related to computers and technology. If it isn't currently the obvious choice for you in CS, I have to wonder if all our tax dollars were being wasted in trying to expand the UW system up North.