MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

Hi....I'm new on this forum. Yes i've applied to SFU's MPH program in global health and even i'm waiting for their reply.

Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like only the applicants of the population health stream have heard back so far.  Still a waiting game.

Hi all, 

Just updating - although I'm not sure about SFU's MPH in global health, I do know that they have started doing admissions last week for social inequities and health. 

Hope this hopes all that are still waiting :) 

Hi all, 

Just updating - although I'm not sure about SFU's MPH in global health, I do know that they have started doing admissions last week for social inequities and health. 

Hope this hopes all that are still waiting :)

Thanks for the update lwolfson.  Have you been accepted?  If so, congrats!

When is the last day to accept U of S's acceptance offer? I'm still waiting on US schools...

when did they offer u the official acceptance letter or email?

Has anyone heard back from UofT MPH in Epidemiology? Also, how competitive is this program?

Thanks!

I applied to Health Promotion at UofT and they seem to have similar timelines, so I imagine we'll hear back in April. And I think they offer admission to about 10% of applicants...? I could be wrong though.

Thanks for the update lwolfson.  Have you been accepted?  If so, congrats!

I have. I just got the official letter in the mail but no word about funding... anyone know how SFU's funding works? 

I have. I just got the official letter in the mail but no word about funding... anyone know how SFU's funding works? 

Congrats!  Would you be able to share with us some of your stats?  I'm not too sure how the funding works. 

Congrats!  Would you be able to share with us some of your stats?  I'm not too sure how the funding works. 

Of course. 

I had a cumulative 3.9/4.0 in my last two years and a 4.0 in my final year. I worked for two years in Vietnam doing a mixture of policy-making and strategic management for a series of psuedo-governmental and international non-profit organizations. I also worked in a population health institution for about 6 months immediately after graduating university while simultaneously working in a management position at a start-up grassroots organization.

Hope that helps!! Did you also apply to social inequities and health? I haven't seen anyone on this forum who also applied to that stream... 

March 17th via email. Still haven't received an official letter in the mail though. 

Same here, and I was also wondering about when they require your decision by. However, in the email it said "If you haven't received your official letter in the mail within 3 weeks, please contact us." So I imagine that you have at least that long, of not longer to decide. 

I need to make my decision about SFU and UofA pretty quickly though, they want to know by March 31st and April 4th, respectively.

I applied to Health Promotion at UofT and they seem to have similar timelines, so I imagine we'll hear back in April. And I think they offer admission to about 10% of applicants...? I could be wrong though.

I called U of T regarding their HP program last week and yeah, they said that they're running a bit behind and they haven't begun reviewing the applications as of yet. But yes, they take in about 10%. This year there's over 400 applicants and maybe 35-40 spots available.

I called U of T regarding their HP program last week and yeah, they said that they're running a bit behind and they haven't begun reviewing the applications as of yet. But yes, they take in about 10%. This year there's over 400 applicants and maybe 35-40 spots available.

Omg they said over 400 applicants this year? Man, I thought it was usually 300 something.

Omg they said over 400 applicants this year? Man, I thought it was usually 300 something.

Wow, that is a lot! I think this is the largest applicant pool they've had so far for HP. 

Edited by IAmMPH

Yikes! :( What are the chances they'll increase the class size to 40+? Not that a couple more spots will help my chances, but...

They havent even begun reviewing yet?!! OMG! Thanks for sharing this info although this news makes me lose much of my hope.

Btw, for those who applied to Queens -I did receive an offer of admission today by email :)  We are asked to accept by April 14.

Of course. 

I had a cumulative 3.9/4.0 in my last two years and a 4.0 in my final year. I worked for two years in Vietnam doing a mixture of policy-making and strategic management for a series of psuedo-governmental and international non-profit organizations. I also worked in a population health institution for about 6 months immediately after graduating university while simultaneously working in a management position at a start-up grassroots organization.

Hope that helps!! Did you also apply to social inequities and health? I haven't seen anyone on this forum who also applied to that stream... 

Thanks for sharing, you definitely seem to have a lot to bring to the program!  Congrats again.  No, I applied to the global health stream.