MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

Sighs End of April for U of T? That is so late

I have to respond to Queens U by April 14... but U of T is my first option

What shall I do ? :huh:

I am in the same situation. I dont know what to do because what if I reject Queen's offer yet UofT rejects/waitlists...Kind of annoyed. I'm going to call Queen's and see what they say about possibly withholding my decision for a week or two. I hate how inconsistent all schools are with deadlines!!!

I was in a similar position with Waterloo. I had two weeks to accept Waterloo  and haven't heard from U of T as of yet. I accepted Waterloo and will wait and see what happens with U of T... if they offer me funding then I might consider it but I'm really split given i'm working FT currently.

I'm in the same situation x_x but April 7 is my deadline! The rep was rather abrupt with me, but I'm sure everyone's stressed out right now :P She didn't say everyone would only find out at the end of April--as the posters above have noted--but she simply said basically all decisions should have been made by then and not so much in May-onwards

So there's still some hope for earlier responses.. they're just taking much longer to start reviewing apps...

For anyone waiting on McMaster's HRM program (I applied to the Population and Public Health stream) - I got an e-mail from them earlier today, saying that I have been recommended to the School of Graduate Studies for an offer. (Thank GOD! I was getting antsy!) An official offer has yet to arrive, pending funding arrangements and a suitable supervisor. 

Sooooo - it's coming! :) 

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Anyone know the chances of getting in off the waitlist for UBC?

I certainly wouldn't give up hope. I've heard that pre-med students have been known to apply (and accept) the UBC MPH as a back-up plan, and then release their seats when they've been accepted to UBC Med in early summer. Can't quite remember where I was told this, but I wonder if someone asked a similar question to the program rep at the UBC Population and Public Health open house I attended last winter.

Also UBC is one of the earliest schools in Canada to offer acceptances to their MPH program, and as a result require a response before many schools have sent out their offers. I'd imagine this would occasionally account for a few more seats being released, as they later receive offers to a preferred program.

I'm not sure the policies on accepting offers then declining at a later date, but I guess it happens. I can see both sides of the coin, but would hope at least there is open communication with the school on the matter if an offer is accepted "tentatively".

Anyway, don't give up hope PacificPH! All the best!

I certainly wouldn't give up hope. I've heard that pre-med students have been known to apply (and accept) the UBC MPH as a back-up plan, and then release their seats when they've been accepted to UBC Med in early summer. Can't quite remember where I was told this, but I wonder if someone asked a similar question to the program rep at the UBC Population and Public Health open house I attended last winter.

Also UBC is one of the earliest schools in Canada to offer acceptances to their MPH program, and as a result require a response before many schools have sent out their offers. I'd imagine this would occasionally account for a few more seats being released, as they later receive offers to a preferred program.

I'm not sure the policies on accepting offers then declining at a later date, but I guess it happens. I can see both sides of the coin, but would hope at least there is open communication with the school on the matter if an offer is accepted "tentatively".

Anyway, don't give up hope PacificPH! All the best!

Thanks! Very helpful to know.

Did anyone get acceptance from Lakehead or Guelph for MPH yet?

I am so worried.My cummulative GPA is 2.86 and for last 2 years its 3.33. In addition, I am doing volunteer at clinis and hospitals. 

Does anyone think I have chance of getting In?????

what do you mean second round? Is first round already released.... I was told by coordinator that results will be out by end of april. 

Many persons already got  acceptance from UVIC.

You may hear from UofT before the end up April via email, but may have to wait until the end of April for the official offer via post.

At least, that's the case for the MPH in Community Nutrition.  I was told, via email, that I was being recommended for admission to that program, and to email them back with my intentions.  I emailed back that I would accept their offer, and they replied that I would receive the official offer, in the mail, by the end of April.

I don't know how the other specializations or programs at UofT work, but that's how they've done things in the MPH Community Nutrition program.

Oh ! well firstly congrats :)! that is awesome you made it 

I applied to MPH- Epi stream .. the wait is quite agitating lol 

I am in the same situation. I dont know what to do because what if I reject Queen's offer yet UofT rejects/waitlists...Kind of annoyed. I'm going to call Queen's and see what they say about possibly withholding my decision for a week or two. I hate how inconsistent all schools are with deadlines!!!

Yes it is really annoying considering they were the first school with the earliest deadline and not the earlier ones to respond.

I suggest call u of t and not queens to check your status

I am going to wait until end of next week and call up the u of t admissions... 

I'm in the same situation x_x but April 7 is my deadline! The rep was rather abrupt with me, but I'm sure everyone's stressed out right now :P She didn't say everyone would only find out at the end of April--as the posters above have noted--but she simply said basically all decisions should have been made by then and not so much in May-onwards

So there's still some hope for earlier responses.. they're just taking much longer to start reviewing apps...

Fingers crossed  :rolleyes: 

Thanks for the clarification!

I was in a similar position with Waterloo. I had two weeks to accept Waterloo  and haven't heard from U of T as of yet. I accepted Waterloo and will wait and see what happens with U of T... if they offer me funding then I might consider it but I'm really split given i'm working FT currently.

I believe you can also continue your MPH at u of t part-time... 

I have also heard great things for Waterloo for people who are working. I am currently working at a health unit and one of the research analysts is a Waterloo (MPH) Grad

I am so worried.My cummulative GPA is 2.86 and for last 2 years its 3.33. In addition, I am doing volunteer at clinis and hospitals. 

I don't think anyone has heard from Guelph yet but people on this forum have been accepted to Lakehead but they have said they do rolling admissions there so you could find out at any point, not in waves

still got a great shot! i'm still waiting to hear back also. most univ seem to have send out a "first wave" of invites. and most will send out a "second wave" of invites pretty soon hopefully. 

Edited by mh6

I have received an email from UVIC asking me were do I plan to live while I enrolled in the  program. I live in Vancouver . I am a bit surprised by their question. So do I have to answer I will move to Victoria or not.  what do you think I should answer

Edited by Mymph

i got green signal from u of sask....I was interested in knowing about the practicum...do we get paid for that...also if the program is CEPH accredited???? 

any  one with info on u of sas mph program??