Question about Northwestern University

Adip

Hi folks,

I have admit from Northwestern for mechanical engineering. Is there anyone who is studying in mechanical department or knows about mechanical dept. of Northwestern? I have some question on it. Will anybody help?I have some question on it. Will anybody help?

1. How is Northwestern for mechanical?
  2. I read Northwestern has quarter system and one should take 4 courses per quarter. How much work pressure does it create? In semester pattern, people take 4 courses per sem and here one should take 4 courses per quarter. So, does one need to study all the time?

Any help really appreciated. 

I can't help with Mechanical specifically, but for your second question -- the work should be about the same.  Think about it: both 4 courses per semester and 4 courses per quarter means taking 4 courses at a time, right?  In any given term, you are taking 4 courses.  In a quarter system, the courses are just a little shorter.  Also, keep in mind that a quarter system includes a summer quarter, so over the academic year (approx. August-May), you do 3 quarters or 2 semesters.  So the difference really isn't that great.