Questions About Math PhD Admissions Standards

I'm currently doing a Masters in Applied Math, but I am interested in a Pure Math Program considering that most of the classes I have decided to take are concentrated in Analysis and ODEs/PDEs.

Would a 3.7-3.75 GPA (a low A- average) give me a chance or make me competitive for a Math PhD Program here in the US or Canada? 

Combined with that possible GPA, what percentage should one hit on the subject GRE to ideally go to UCSD, Duke, UCI, Texas A&M, etc?  Also, if you have applied for a Math PhD Program, how was your experience in applying for programs?

Does anyone have any other opinions?

Thanks for your reply, but research is much easier to obtain in Applied rather than Pure Math.  I did an REU a few years ago in Applied Math, but my interests have changed to Pure Math.  My only research (that involves a paper) is my Masters Thesis.  Depending on the program, profs have told me that they don't expect much research done (aside from an undergrad thesis/Masters thesis).  Also, some of my friends and PhD students I know have gotten into great PhD programs without too much research experience.

Yeah I think you'll be fine with the research you've already got. It's also not too terrible that you have research in Applied rather than Pure math. I know a couple of people attending the programs you mentioned,they had very similar levels of research (if not less) than you. Obviously they're a small sample size, but yeah they had approx 80th percentile in the MGRE. You could prob get away with a little less. 

Your GPA isn't too bad, but it's not as relevant as what classes you took and what grades you got in the more relevant and/or tougher classes.