GRE Subject Registration

windypoplars

I'm very troubled... I am applying for schools this year (for admissions in 2014) and was preparing to study for the subject test this summer. I tried registering for this exam for Oct 2013 just now, and was notified that all seats are taken for 2013?! It's still June, and how is this possible?? Were people that proactive, to be registering at least one year in advance?! 

I saw that same thing.  I think they may schedule by academic year, not calendar year.  At least that is my hope.  In July they will post more dates.  Or you can call them or contact them and ask.

I think the application for October is not open yet. At least thats what I hope. The "test season" is matched up with the academic year I think, not with the calendar year. Just check back in July i think it said something like application opens again in july if i remeber correctly. You should then be able to register for the September/October Tests.

Edit: ok someone else was faster^^

Edited by Nuya

• 4 weeks later...

I was not able to register for my October subject test last year until July, just keep checking back and you'll definitely get a spot. The Psych Subject Test was by no means full when I wrote it, they have all the subject tests (Chemistry, Psyc, Math etc.) in one writing session, hence the annoyingly few test dates per year. Good luck!!