Teaching position interviews question

nehs

I'm wrapping up my master's this month and I realized that I like academia/teaching/research. I'm applying to jobs at CC and other small places to get my foot in the door. Bigger universities both public and private mostly demand a PhD and some experience in teaching.

So , I finally have received two interview calls that are lined up for next week. These are adjunct positions. I'm not sure how to handle the "teacing experience" question as I do not have any experience in teaching but I have research and publishing experience. ofcourse, these positions do not really care about publishing or research. Although, I never mentioned on my resume or cover letter that I have experience, I'm guessing the experience question is inevitable.

Also, any other pointers on what type of questions I can expect. This is my first time in academia interviews, I work in the industry full-time and would like to do 1-2 adjunct classes for the summer or fall.

There is a possibility that they will have you do a "job talk" where you do a brief presentation on a topic to show your ability to teach. If they do not ask for one, consider offering one to show your abilities to be in front of a classroom.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the interview ,went ok. I think I will get the job.

they never asked for any presentation. But asked some hypothetical questions like " what will you do if a student hands in a homework late"