How will grad schools see my final year's grades?

TheSun

No, all three matter. They'll look more closely at your two most recent years, but I wouldn't go as far to say that only the 3rd year classes matter. You'll also be admitted as a "conditional admit", which means that you are admitted on the condition that you have your degree prior to starting, and that you maintain a certain GPA in your last year. They then look at your official transcript once you graduate to ensure that you've met the conditions.

I will start my 4th and final year in the fall (same fall as my grad school application). What matters most? My 2nd and 3rd year or my 3rd and 4th year?

I don't think it's an issue of what matters "most" per se, so I don't think you can definitively say something like "years 3/4 matter more than years 2/3." The bottom line is it all matters, generally speaking. Some schools pay more attention to your grades within your major, while others look more at cumulative GPA. I would say that it's probably easier for adcoms to look beyond poor grades in the second year than it is in the fourth year, but that's never guaranteed, particularly in competitive, top-tier programs that have lots of applicants and therefore lots of choices.

Sometimes what grades the schools look at depends on when the application is due. December 1 and 15th due dates mean you probably won't get the first semester of your 4th year considered in the application. Sometimes schools with December due dates will ask you to update your transcript materials. January due dates generally don't have that concern, and your first semester, fourth year grades will be reflected on your transcript. But how grades are weighted with regard to whole applications is highly department and school specific. If there is a particular year or course that you're concerned about negatively affecting your application, perhaps consider explaining or giving those grades some context in your personal statement.