Graduate Conference at HDS 10/2013

dr. t

This is probably a silly question, but if you've just graduated one institution and are starting at another in the Fall, which one do you put as the one you're affiliated with when submitting a proposal? 

Another silly question, with apologies in advance. Should people who have just (literally a month ago) finished their undergrad and who are heading to grad school in the fall consider submitting a paper to this sort of thing, or would it be better to wait? I feel like I have a paper or two that I could get up to scratch and submit to this, but a big part of me feels like I'm not ready at this point, and if the paper were to be accepted, it would be a resume booster but not really a...good experience. Hope that makes sense.

Anyone have thoughts?

Another silly question, with apologies in advance. Should people who have just (literally a month ago) finished their undergrad and who are heading to grad school in the fall consider submitting a paper to this sort of thing, or would it be better to wait? I feel like I have a paper or two that I could get up to scratch and submit to this, but a big part of me feels like I'm not ready at this point, and if the paper were to be accepted, it would be a resume booster but not really a...good experience. Hope that makes sense.

Anyone have thoughts?

Submit. The worst thing they can say is no, and presenting is a great experience. If you get accepted, you'll have someone to talk to in sept-oct to do a bit of polish.

• 2 months later...