How large are your cohorts?

My response of 13 students applied to PhD only.  My program doesn't accept terminal masters students.  I think this applies to many others as well.

Edited by Quigley

12-14 for my program for at least the past three years; a number of years back it was closer to 18-20.

I like how the acronym for the program that collected OSU's data is PRISM.

So does this mean your school has been admitting fewer applicants??

So does this mean your school has been admitting fewer applicants??

I think so. As I understand it, we used to admit something like 8-10%, but in the past few years have hovered around 5%.

I think so. As I understand it, we used to admit something like 8-10%, but in the past few years have hovered around 5%.

Sigh. My guess is that the whole discipline is cutting funding

My response of 13 students applied to PhD only.  My program doesn't accept terminal masters students.  I think this applies to many others as well.

In many countries outside of the US, the masters and PhD are distinct; many people continue from the masters to the PhD at the same school, while others will apply to different universities for the PhD (this is more common). My understanding is that the entire idea of a terminal masters (unless it's a professional masters) is somewhat more unique to the US.