Information on MA/LLM International Law

LauraD

Hi guys,

I am almost finished with my B.A in Politics and International Relations at the University of Kent (UK) and will most likely be graduating with a higher 2.1.

I am highly interested in international law, particularly international human rights law and international humanitarian law (I have followed a 30-credits International Law module from Kent Law School). My professional project is very well formed: I want to work in the protection and promotion of human rights, specifically in conflicts and at an international level (International organizations or NGOs). I have strong experience in the field (internships at permanent delegations of NGOs to the UN, various voluntary work with refugees, street children and orphans).

In order to work in this field, it is strongly recommended to study international law, which is why I would like to do a master's degree in International Law. However as I did not pursue a LLB, I was wondering if you think I could get into a LLM (I have some basic knowledge in Law as I have completed approximately 60 credits in Law during my studies)? Or do you know of any MA in International Law that you could recommend me?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Laura