Higher Ed/Student Affairs Fall 2014- Where are you applying?

JBums1028

A heads up about the assistantships:

I spoke to a friend (who is a Rutgers alum) about the distance between the New Brunswick and Newark campuses. If you decide to select an assistantship at the Newark campus, you will need to travel between both campuses. My friend couldnt recall the shuttle schedule or if it was worth anything, as she didnt take it often. She opted for public transit, which she says she often allowed up to 90 minutes between campuses.

Now, she might be exaggerating, but wanted to share with you in case you were considering the assistantship options in Newark vs NB. I mean, if you drive, no biggie, but I dont have a car so there's that. Something to ask if Rutgers decides to do the webchats this week.

• 2 weeks later...
This pending storm has flights canceled until Monday, which means I won't get to Michigan State after all. I'm angry and sad, even though it's not my fault. I was so ready. The thing I've been looking forward most in a while and now... snow. More snow. Neverending snow. In the way.

I can't even get a refund on my flight.

This pending storm has flights canceled until Monday, which means I won't get to Michigan State after all. I'm angry and sad, even though it's not my fault. I was so ready. The thing I've been looking forward most in a while and now... snow. More snow. Neverending snow. In the way.

I can't even get a refund on my flight.

I am in the same boat.  Disappointed that I won't make it for preview weekend for MSU. Of those that attended, could you give your reactions? I have been admitted to the PhD program but interested to hear from all who attended. 

PS-What airline isn't giving you a refund? Delta was totally fine with giving me the refund instead of rescheduling my flight.

I am in the same boat.  Disappointed that I won't make it for preview weekend for MSU. Of those that attended, could you give your reactions? I have been admitted to the PhD program but interested to hear from all who attended. 

PS-What airline isn't giving you a refund? Delta was totally fine with giving me the refund instead of rescheduling my flight.

I was there for the MA in Student Affairs. Now I'm biased because it's my alma mater, but it's a great program! Everyone was super welcoming, the faculty was great, great sense of community, and the research was very interesting. I definitely got a good feeling overall. Of course, final decisions will depend on many factors. But it's definitely a contender!

I was there for the MA in Student Affairs. Now I'm biased because it's my alma mater, but it's a great program! Everyone was super welcoming, the faculty was great, great sense of community, and the research was very interesting. I definitely got a good feeling overall. Of course, final decisions will depend on many factors. But it's definitely a contender!

Ditto! AND I got to meet you too!

SUCH a hard choice to make. Even through my travel woes, the faculty, staff and current students were super understanding and sympathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping for any new acceptances, commentary on visits and decisions!

Also, I met @jsparks63! (I meant to identify myself from the forum, but I was just so tired this morning!) Hey @smithie1 I'm wondering if we met. I had a big fro, I wore a grey blazer and black pants to interviews (yeah, i know, super vague)