SoP University's "Fit"

Hello,

I am really struggling writing the section of my statement of purpose that describes how I fit with the universities I'm applying for and how I can contribute.

Why do I want to go to (insert university name)? Well, because you have a program and professors that have done research in areas similar to my interests, and it seems like a really solid program.

Of course I don't want to say that because they know that, so I'm really stuck.

I've done research in what the professors have done, so I can definitely put that down when writing about who I'm interesed in working with, but aside from that, I don't know how I fit.

I'm looking into M.A to PhD programs in linguistic anthropology, and I'm looking at different universities, my top choices being UCLA, CUNY, and UC San Diego.

Any tips? 

Thanks!

Why do I want to go to (insert university name)? Well, because you have a program and professors that have done research in areas similar to my interests, and it seems like a really solid program.

That's basically what you want to say, but with more details. Name the professors whose interests overlap with yours and explain how. Outline how they might support your research. If there are courses, facilities or collaborations that this program offers, say what they are and why they will help you. Basically, show that you've done your homework about each program, be precise about why each of them would be a good place for you to do a PhD in the area that you're interested in.