MFA Sculpture Applications for 2014

agrobaby

Congratulations!!! I hope you go, its such a good program. 

Thank you Yellow Magnet!!! I need to visit  to get the feel of the program. I probably am going to fall in love with the program!

Accepted into VCUarts MFA Sculpture+ Extended Media program!!!!!!!!

I just got a letter too!!!!! Oh my gosh I'm so thrilled! I was quite disheartened after getting my rejection from Yale, and felt that VCU might go the same way...BUT I'm so glad right now :) I know a graduate from the programme, and I see how she works, the way she uses material, the things she considers while making, and also just how much she loved her time at VCU, and it makes me feel so excited! I don't know what the funding will be like (any idea?) but I'm going to call and check soon! Let me know how your visit goes!

I just got a letter too!!!!! Oh my gosh I'm so thrilled! I was quite disheartened after getting my rejection from Yale, and felt that VCU might go the same way...BUT I'm so glad right now :) I know a graduate from the programme, and I see how she works, the way she uses material, the things she considers while making, and also just how much she loved her time at VCU, and it makes me feel so excited! I don't know what the funding will be like (any idea?) but I'm going to call and check soon! Let me know how your visit goes!

Yeah! I know that feeling of rejection! Well I always consider rejection as a redirection.  I will let you know how the visit go. I am trying to go next week if my schedule allows.  

Congrats raku and lolasen! That is excellent news! I hear nothing but good things about their program- especially the large amount of space available for installations and exhibiting your work!

However, I am also wary of making an outright acceptance until I have visited. I'm hoping I get to go weekend after next to Carnegie Mellon and squeeze in a visit to The Mattress Factory while I am there because Janine Antoni is exhibiting until March 30.

Congrats raku and lolasen! That is excellent news! I hear nothing but good things about their program- especially the large amount of space available for installations and exhibiting your work!

However, I am also wary of making an outright acceptance until I have visited. I'm hoping I get to go weekend after next to Carnegie Mellon and squeeze in a visit to The Mattress Factory while I am there because Janine Antoni is exhibiting until March 30.

That Janine Antoni show is pretty interesting. Make sure you go to the main building too, there's a lot of stuff there too, including a piece on the top floor you have to get a staffer to let you in to see, but it's worth the trouble. Edited by herki

Congrats kierstin! Any thoughts on where you'll end up?

Thank you, and congratulations to you as well!

I'm pretty sure I'll be at SAIC in the fall.  As much as I like the way Penn is structured and have a great admiration of the professors there, much of it comes down to money for me.  I also did my undergrad in Philly, and I feel like this is a good opportunity to broaden my network.  

Looks like you have a few options.. Which school are you most interested in?

Edited by kierstin

Congratulations to you too!!!

Just got accepted at columbia for sculpture via phone call, still waiting for funding details. anyone know if columbia would offer a full ride?

Congrats!!!