Media/Film Studies 2014

flip-a

Has anyone heard from UCLA?

Yes! Rejected yesterday from their Screenwriting program. But my friend who applied to Post Production editing has yet to hear so...

Still anxiously waiting! And according to the results search, no one's claimed an acceptance or rejection for  the Cinema and Media Studies PhD program yet. Someone has been accepted into the Master's program yesterday though. 

Has anyone heard from UCLA?

Edited by jennnnn

I thought I would check back in now that I've some results to share with other film folk.

I've been accepted to Concordia's PhD program; waitlisted for Oregon's English/film track program; and rejected from Wisconsin, Iowa, and Pittsburgh. Still waiting on Washington's Comparative Cinema program.

If there are others looking long and hard at Concordia, feel free to be in touch. Thanks.

Congrats billthekid! Concordia's film program is excellent and Montreal is lovely. 

Thanks much, jennnnn. I've heard good things about both the program there and the city, so I'm strongly considering it. Affordability is the only issue I'm struggling with. Still waiting on funding information. I don't speak a word of French, so going to Concordia would be a great way of learning. Je suis.... excited.

Has anyone contacted schools they haven't heard back from yet? I know that the process of finalizing admissions extends as late as April but would it be advisable to check in on the status of one's application now, or to just sit back and hold tight?

For people waiting to hear back from UCLA, "All decisions will be released by the end of April"...

Wow. I wonder what is the reason for taking such a long time... Whatever.

... and thanks for this information, btw, you've been very kind by sharing it! :)

No problem, G_B_89. I've heard they've been having structural issues (and faculty feuding) over the last few years, so it might have to do with that.

Yes! Rejected yesterday from their Screenwriting program. But my friend who applied to Post Production editing has yet to hear so...

Oh okay, thank you for this information! I hope everything works out for you!

Still anxiously waiting! And according to the results search, no one's claimed an acceptance or rejection for  the Cinema and Media Studies PhD program yet. Someone has been accepted into the Master's program yesterday though. 

Oh okay! The waiting process is so hard! I’m hoping we hear something this week.. It would suck to have to wait until end of April. 

No problem, G_B_89. I've heard they've been having structural issues (and faculty feuding) over the last few years, so it might have to do with that.

Great information ! SOOO helpful! Would you happen to know if it is very likely to get contacted by phone, the website says email, but the person who said they got accepted said it was via phone. I was thinking maybe top prospects get contacted via phone. 

Has anyone heard from Michigan's Screen Arts & Cultures program? I think some people were interviewed in February, but has anyone heard anything official? I'm starting to worry that I didn't follow their post-application instructions properly.

Sorry, I have no idea! Good luck. 

Great information ! SOOO helpful! Would you happen to know if it is very likely to get contacted by phone, the website says email, but the person who said they got accepted said it was via phone. I was thinking maybe top prospects get contacted via phone. 

Has anyone heard from Michigan's Screen Arts & Cultures program? I think some people were interviewed in February, but has anyone heard anything official? I'm starting to worry that I didn't follow their post-application instructions properly.

Hello timbodi. I'm sorry I missed this when you posted it. I am one of UMich's SAC admits. I just accepted their offer today!! They interviewed 3 of us in person (including me), and there were rumors that they were interviewing 2 international applicants via Skype. I don't know if they've made moves on the other offer(s) yet. If I hear anything more, I'll message you.

deleonj, congratulations!! I finally wrote to them this week and they said they were waiting to hear back from the admitted students before they send out other notifications. I am on the verge of accepting another school, but ideally I'd like to hear back from all schools before doing so. I appreciate the information!

Hi everybody.
To those still waiting from UCLA: I just received my decision - and for the records, it is a rejection (yay...).

If you are waiting, this should be a right time for checking your email.

Hope you all the best and thanks for writing in this forum, it is so helpful.

:)

Hi everybody.

To those still waiting from UCLA: I just received my decision - and for the records, it is a rejection (yay...).

If you are waiting, this should be a right time for checking your email.

Hope you all the best and thanks for writing in this forum, it is so helpful.

:)

Are you phd or masters out of curiosity? Good luck! I wish the best for you in whatever you end up doing!