Media/Film Studies 2014

flip-a

Congrats to those who have received acceptances (and hang in there for those still waiting)! For the emails I received from my programs, almost all of them arrived during the regular hours of the timezone for each school. For one school, though, I actually received the email on a Saturday, which I was not prepared for. And for UChicago, it seems like, based on the results page, they didn't even email the 7 acceptances out on the same day (I didn't receive mine until 3-4 days later than the first poster on the results page, for example).

Congrats to those who have received acceptances (and hang in there for those still waiting)! For the emails I received from my programs, almost all of them arrived during the regular hours of the timezone for each school. For one school, though, I actually received the email on a Saturday, which I was not prepared for. And for UChicago, it seems like, based on the results page, they didn't even email the 7 acceptances out on the same day (I didn't receive mine until 3-4 days later than the first poster on the results page, for example).

Thank you :) !

Literary_tourist: we connected over PM. Accepted to Concordia but have yet to make a decision.

Also thought I'd share my acceptance to Washington's Comparative Literature/Cinema program. If anyone else is thinking of Washington or has info to share, feel free to be in touch. Thanks.

Has anyone else gotten into NYU Tisch's Cinema Studies MA program? Wasn't expecting to get in (I was going to apply to Columbia but didn't because of the application fee, haha), and money is an issue, so I'm currently weighing the pros and cons pretty intensely...

• 1 month later...

Congrats to everyone who was accepted this year!

I'm applying to Media/Film studies programs (television studies, primarily) this fall and I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share some advice. Is there anything you wish you'd done differently? Anything you wish you'd done earlier?

Any advice would be amazing. Thanks all!