Took the GRE Today

tspier2

Hi! I took the GRE this morning and got the following scores: 157 (verbal), 152 (quantitative). Do these seem like reasonable scores for someone applying to graduate schools with a (current) GPA of 3.9, multiple conference presentations (local, regional, national), a potential publication in the conference proceedings for one of these, and teaching experience? My major is Secondary English Education, which certifies me to teach English in grades 7-12. Furthermore, my concentrations are African American literature and linguistics/grammar. As a result, I'm applying to programs in both of these areas. Any suggestions -- apart from taking the GRE again -- would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Your GPA seems great, and your scores certainly aren't shabby! :)  However, I'd go and check out what each of the programs you're applying to has listed as their average GRE scores. Knowing that information (and your AW score in a few weeks) will give you a better idea of what to do. In the end, go with your gut feeling.