Columbia Frustrations

Pentothepage

Is anyone else incredibly frustrated with Columbia Teachers College? The original decision notification date was March 15th. Then, on March 16th, I received a notice that my program requested some more time to make its decisions. A conversation with admissions that day informed me that I would probably hear within a week. Well, a week has gone by, in which I have heard nothing, and today both Admissions and my Department (Leadership, Politics and Policy) refused to give me any information about notification dates, each telling me that I should ask the other for more specific information. One frazzled secretary informed me that it would "probably" be within 2-3 WEEKS that I would hear. 2-3 WEEKS?! That'd likely give me all of 2 days to make my decision, were I to get accepted.

At the start of all of this, Columbia was my first choice program. Now I feel so frustrated that I am turned off of the school entirely. It's one thing to take forever, but to be so incapable of making the process transparent.... ugh.

Congratulations!

I was going to reply back with my own frustrations about not hearing back from Columbia Teachers College. I still haven't heard back from them!

Admission decisions were supposed to be sent out the week of March 15th. I applied to the EdM is Psychological Counseling. Didn't hear back that week, so I called and they said they would have decisions by the end of March. Well, it is the end of March, so I called back again and the person I spoke to said they would try to have them out by the first Friday of April (my birthday!). Apparantly, they haven't sent out or have made any decisions in that department :?

If anyone else has heard otherwise from this dept, let me know!

I hope I hear good news on my birthday!