Undergraduate Preperation for Bioinformatics PhD

glambeth

Hi, I'm a math major and ill be a sophomore in the fall. I'm particularly interested in bioinformatics, and I'm just curious what courses I should be taking to set myself up for a top PhD. My previous courses include calc 3, Lin algebra, physics, honors chemistry, and probability theory. In the fall ill be taking -tentatively- abstract algebra, computer programming 1, ODE, and econometrics;however, I feel like I'm on the wrong path. Should I be taking more chemistry/genetics or should I continue focusing on the math/stats? Ill be getting a dual masters in statistics. I'd appreciate any advice. P.S- I tested out of introductory biology classes through AP Biology.

I have no knowledge of what would help for bioinformatics, but I think a class in genetics and molecular biology would be most helpful.

You can try searching for bioinformatics graduate programs and call and ask (or maybe check the required undergrad courses on the website) to see what you are missing.....