GRE Essay

Cesare

For the first time in my life, I've read that admissions committees will see what we write for the analytical writing portion of the exam. Is this true? I thought that they just see our average score. 

I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't worry either way. It doesn't change anything from the way things were before you found out about this. You will write what you write because there isn't that much time to worry about how it might come off to a professor on an adcom 4 months from now, and the adcom will still care about this essay much less than about other serious components of the application like your SOP and writing sample, and therefore is unlikely to rely on the GRE essay as a serious way to make decisions this way or that. 

To be honest, even if they did get your essay, I really doubt they care about your argument piece on whether or not beauty is something that only exists in the exceptional, or if its something that is common-place.