UVa Sociology Graduate Students Blogging Up a Storm

mlb86

Hi all,

I'm a graduate student in sociology at the University of Virginia, and I would like to share with other grad students and potential grad students a blog that five UVa sociology grad students have had running for the past few months.  Check it out:

http://sociallyblogging.wordpress.com/

One of my favorite things about being a grad student in sociology is the opportunity to engage in so many great conversations with my fellow grad students - sometimes about sociology, other times about things only tangentially sociological (at least on the surface) but still fascinating.  This blog is our way of taking these conversations and putting them in an accessible forum.  If you like what you see, follow us!

Thanks a lot for sharing this.  I added it to my RSS feed.  It is nice to get a view of what being a PhD. student is like.  So much focus is on the application process or the job situation after finishing school.  For prospective students like me, your blog is really helpful.  A lot of the blogs I read are from established people in the field. This is nice and all, but it isn't representative of what I'll be doing in a year or two.  Anyways, thanks.

• 1 month later...