UCSF Program in Craniofacial and Mesenchymal Biology

sys88

Does anyone have any experience with the University of California - San Francisco's program in Craniofacial and Mesenchymal Biology? It seems like to get involved with the CMB program you need to apply to one of the related programs and then choose faculty in the CMB program. Is there an advantage to choosing one of the related programs over another? I know the TETRAD and BMS programs are highly competitive. Is there a way to apply to the program more directly? I'm interested in mesenchymal development in limb and/or face as well as epigenetics. Thanks!

It looks like you have the choice of applying through TETRAD, BMS or  Developmental and Stem Cell Biology (DSCB) program. You may want to apply to the Oral and Craniofacial Sciences program which is through the Dental School. I am curious which program would be more/less competitive.

the_grateful_duck - that's what it looked like to me as well. I think I'd like to apply through either the OCS or DSCB programs just because they're more aligned with my interests than the more broad/vague umbrella programs. Less competition would also be a plus, but there's the very real possibility that there are fewer spots and a higher caliber of applicants to those programs.