Canada student permit processing time (International student in USA)

Dear all,
Here is my situation, I am international currently enroll in a university in USA, but just today I got my admission letter from a university in canada for this fall (next 20 days!). I know it is kind of impossible to be there in time, but I just feel like to share my situation to see if there is anybody else like me.
Anybody has any idea that what the processing time will be in my case considering the embassy fucking strike though!

Talk to the Canadian school's international program office about it. It would really depend on what your home country is, I think. I know that some of my US friends got their student permits processed at the border (so the processing time is a few hours?) while others had to wait a couple of weeks for it to come in the mail. 

As an FYI, my university just sent this to all international students:

Please note, there is currently a strike action alert on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 the alert reads:

"The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas without advance notice.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages. Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application online as far in advance as possible.

To avoid delays, please submit a complete application. Some countries require additional documents that may not be listed in your application package. Find out if you need to submit country-specific documents by consulting the website for your visa office.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications. CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Visitors, workers and students can apply online for faster processing. The Department aims to process applications as quickly as possible, and encourages visitors, workers and students to apply online or through a visa application centre (VAC). Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them. If you have already submitted a paper application, please do not submit an electronic application as this will not speed up processing."

Thanks for replies. Yeah they are on strike from April, and I am looking for replies from a person who gone through this process from US, so I can get a better idea if I can make it or not. All the people in charge just give official vague answers! I know americans can get it like in hours, but I don't know the case for international student in US.

• 3 weeks later...

I applied for a Study Permit, it took just about a week for my application to be processed and approved. I don't even have to go to the Embassy and speak with officers there, they just said that I need my passport, the letter of approval for my SP, the letter of acceptance from my university and upon my arrival in Canada, they will issue the SP document, or whatever it is.