Princeton Review Math

Alexrey

Hey guys,

I've just finished going through the Princeton Review study guide and will be moving onto the practice tests next. But before I go any further, I wanted to know how good Princeton Review is with regards to its Math prep section? I'm a Math grad so I'm pretty comfortable with the subject, but if there are any guides or example question websites/books that are very close to the actual GRE Math section I would love to know. Just as an aside, how good are the Vocab and AW sections in Princeton Review?

Regards,

Alexrey

hey all I can say that princeton is pretty easing comparing with original gre. I suggest you to buy manhattan book which covers every concept from easy to hard and also , you will get access for 6 mst!i

Vocab is ok!

This. Vocab is ok, but the math section was too simple, I was very disappointed. I must say the best thing I used was the GRE official book and honestly that was probably all that I actually needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I'm thinking of going for Barron's or Manhattan for the Math, but I've also heard Kaplan is pretty good. Has anyone had experience with these? Manhattan claim that they can help you get in the 99th percentile but I'm highly sceptical about this.

I found the math prep in the princeton review to be on par with what was given on the actual gre test, that said the overall prep wasn't the best.  Given that youre a math student though this might not be as much of a concern.

The vocab though I felt was pretty solid, in addition to the words they provide I added another 400 or so and with that was more than adequetly prepared.

I used Princeton Review for GRE prep. And i got the feeling that its questions were slightly on the easier side in comparison to the actual test. Personally, i strongly recommend not to rely completely on PR. Buy some other resource(s) as well, or try out Magoosh if you still have some time before the test!