Anybody else still in the DARK?

Guest NotReadyToHangMyself:)

Guest NotReadyToHangMyself:)

I haven't heard anything from 2 of my 3 programs (applied to 2 programs at one school, one program at another). Got rejected MA Public Policy, still waiting on my 2 MA Econ decisions.

It's April 7th... isn't there some kind of deadline or something? :P

Anybody else either waitlisted and/or still haven't heard anything from where they're applying?

This wait is absolute torture.

Then again, I talked to one of my profs about this and he said he goes through the same thing all the time when submitting journal articles. Heh.

I'm still waiting, too. I'm in English.

I've had 2 acceptances, but I'm waiting to hear about funding. Can't go without funding.

Waitlisted at two places.

And i've heard nothing from 3 other programs (2 of which are probably rejections; the other I still have a glimmer of hope).

It IS dangerously close to the deadline. I didn't want it to play out this way, this time around. When choosing my masters program I ended up making lots of decisions the day of the deadline. This is so stressful. :(

Guest stillwaiting too

Yup, I'm still waiting as well for my last program. (I'm marine bio.)

I've heard from my four other schools and have two acceptances, so I've been trying to choose between those. But not having definite info on my final school is making it quite difficult, even though I feel rejection is almost certain. If no word comes today, that means nothing until Monday, April 10...that's dangerously close to the deadline. :cry:

Guest Guest-Waiting Too
I'm still waiting, too. I'm in English.

I've had 2 acceptances, but I'm waiting to hear about funding. Can't go without funding.

Have you contacted them about the worst-case-scenario? Sometimes even in the absence of fellowships, they will provide RA-ships or TA-ships.

I'm still waiting on a school that claims they are not yet done with their decisions...they won't even let me know if I got in, am on a waitlist, or rejected.

Yeah, they've already made TAship and RAship offers too. I have to wait for the first round of students to reject offers and then see if I'm lucky enough to get one of those. They've told me to sit by the phone on April 17.

Really sucks not being amongst their first choices, but at least they admitted me and there's still a chance...

In other news, is this normal?? Not knowing what's going on yet on April 8, that is. Does this make me us some kind of second-class grad applicants? It seems like a lot of people had their deals sealed way back in March, at a time I hadn't even had any offers and/or info yet on anything. I only applied to one Ivy, but most of the other programs I applied to were top 20 or 30 programs in my field...

I know I shouldn't judge my worth by this process, but it's so hard to detach it from myself... and this is the second time I've had no clue what was going on and where I was going to end up until well into April.

how do one not accept an offer and then decline later if waitlist people hear after or on the april 15 deadline?

• 3 years later...

I see its been a month since the last post here,

Yup, u guessed it, still waiting and proud.

Im in biochem.

(the department that never picks up phone calls has my file, gr8)

I am also still in the dark. Remember when you started checking your mailbox all the time in like February!? Remember when you thought you would have all of this figured out by now?

I am waiting to hear back from my last chance school. Rejected/waitlisted (then rejected) from 6 other schools. I have heard alot of "no news is good news" advice, but I'm not really buying it. It is MAY 11TH. FOR GOODNESS' SAKES! I would really just like to know so I can get on with my life.

Limbo, limbo, limbo.

Anyone else?

I hear you, I am waiting on my last chance school as well.

Sometimes I have dreams of being rejected by this one as well.

Im living with this fear of being rejected, so everyday i check my mail with a wired feeling, excitement, fear, idk what, and yet no news.

and..............I just got my rejection email. Thanks alot Northeastern for waiting until THE MIDDLE OF MAY to crush my dreams. I probably could have been told sooner that you want nothing to do with me, and that I will be sitting on my ass at my hair salon manager job for another WHOLE YEAR. But, thanks anyways for NOTHING.

Yes, I'm bitter. Sorry. Northeastern ignored emails and phone calls for a whole month, just to send me an email while I am at work, and can't properly vent my devestation. So I am venting it here.

can't wait for next year, can't wait to go through all of this garbage again. SO AWESOME.

I applied 6 accepted to 2 but still waiting for 4.......1 of them said they'll have decisions in 2-3 weeks by snailmail...(but it's been way over 3 weeks even 4, nothing in my mailbox).......1 fixed my application to completion on April 28th....2 I haven't heard from since I sent in application......I think i have a low chance of getting in..........sigh........I don't want to have to wait until June or July.....I didn't get any funds for the 2 that accepted me.....I'm crossing my fingers to hope to get in 1 of the 4 I'm waiting for....It's so hard to predict if I'll get in or not.....