I'm taking the GRE on October 5, 2013. What if I don't do well?

Just Jeff

Can I retake it in November? The only thing is, my PhD applications are due in December. It only takes 2 weeks for the scores to arrive. I can ensure that they arrive before December's deadlines.

Any advice? I'm terrified about this exam.

You can take it every 21 days. So you can already retake it the end of October.

I will be taking it on October the 9th. Still early enough to be able to retake it. I think that takes a lot of pressure off on test day :)

Doesn't the 21 day thing have to be 2 different months? 

Two things.

1) You can retake the test every 21 days, up to 5 times in one year. From ETS: You can take the GRE revised General Test once every 21 days, and up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period. This applies even if you canceled your scores on a test taken previously. If you take the paper-based GRE revised General Test, you can take it as often as it is offered.

2) Seats get taken fast. You don't have much time to work with. You will get numbers the same day if you take the computer based test, and can decide if you should retake or not before you get the official test results, but this is the time of year everyone wants to take the test and retake it if necessary so those seats get taken fast. Once you get those numbers on test day, register ASAP if you think you need to retake.

That means if you feel like retaking, you can do so in early November.

Funny thing about that 21 days. I was told the same thing, but then I wrote that agreement the proctors require all test takers transcribe, and that said 30 days, and my GRE books even state 30 days.