That feeling after you apply...

Molecular_Virology

My emotions are definitely cycling..

I'm at week 3 for a rolling admission that can be anywhere from 1-3 weeks or 2-4 weeks for an answer depending on which part of their info you're looking at.

Sometimes it's like.. "I'll look at apartments.. gee, they charge that much for a pet fee for a cat?" and then other times it's like "omg i'm going to not get in and they're going to send me angry letters, or worse, show up and tell me i'm a fraud - A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FRAUD!!!!"

Then i go back to wondering exactly how much funding i'm going to get, because, really, how can I not get funding..? I mean, maybe not everything.. but a good chunk..

Then it's back to the idea that I've not heard back yet because they're forwarding my application around to various offices and being like "Did you see this kids? What a joke! LOL."

And then for a moment I ponder what sort flooring i'll have and if I need rugs.. or curtains.. and if there's a Publix nearby...

I'm so glad to be done filing out the apps. it's weird, especially because I only ended up applying to 3 out of the 5 places I was considering. if I don't get in to any (AHHH!) then next year I'll probably widen the search. I'm both excited and despairing because the correspondence i had with one of the profs at my first choice. I asked if she'd be taking advisees (humanities, so not really taking students into labs, but I needed something to ask her) and she said that all of the profs work very closely with all of the students because they only accept about 3 out of 100 applications. *sigh*

but at the same time she said she liked my dissertation idea and said other profs in the department would be interested and that she looked forward to reading my app so... *double sigh*

Edited by roguesenna

There is actually much irony in that I had a friend yesterday ask how to present a directing piece...

..and I replied "Oh I don't care, paint them all in kabuki makeup and give them french period wigs." This was before I even knew this video existed.

Edited by Loric