SLP California Applicants for Fall 2014

CONGRATULATIONS! that must be such a weight lifted off your shoulders & you must be so ecstatic...especially this being your 2nd year applying! (I may need some tips from you, if I don't get in anywhere this year!)

Thank you!!! :) I screamed and wept. I've had to sacrifice a lot, including time with my kids, so I really didn't want that to have been for naught! I've been looking to the greater goal/bigger picture, and I'm finally closer!

Thank you!!! :) I screamed and wept. I've had to sacrifice a lot, including time with my kids, so I really didn't want that to have been for naught! I've been looking to the greater goal/bigger picture, and I'm finally closer!

I am also a mommy!  I understand the sacrifice, but it will be well worth it. 

I hope the extension for CSULB application is a good sign as well!  We'll see, I'm anxiously awaiting . . . . June is so far. . .

The Results section says that people have heard back from CSUEB via email and SJSU via snail mail (acceptances), I haven't gotten either. ㅠㅠ (The horizontal lines are my eyes, and the vertical lines are the tracks of my tears)

The Results section says that people have heard back from CSUEB via email and SJSU via snail mail (acceptances), I haven't gotten either. ㅠㅠ (The horizontal lines are my eyes, and the vertical lines are the tracks of my tears)

It is only one posting on the result search for CSUEB.   The person claims they heard on April 4th.

It is only one posting on the result search for CSUEB.   The person claims they heard on April 4th.

No, there's one under CSUEB and one with the name spelled out, that's two! Oh well I guess there's no point in acting crazy but I just want to know so I can settle down and focus on making a decision with all options known.  

No, there's one under CSUEB and one with the name spelled out, that's two! Oh well I guess there's no point in acting crazy but I just want to know so I can settle down and focus on making a decision with all options known.  

Oh ok i see it now.  That is weird.  Do they not send out everything at once?  hmm

Re: CalState Eastbay

I got an e-mail yesterday at about 6pm from Marianna Wolff stating that I had been admitted for the Fall quarter and that they had also mailed out a physical letter. I will be declining this offer. I have decided to study at UNM. Good luck to you all!

Edited by e_lena

Re: CalState Eastbay

I got an e-mail yesterday at about 6pm from Marianna Wolff stating that I had been admitted for the Fall quarter and that they had also mailed out a physical letter. I will be declining this offer. I have decided to study at UNM. Good luck to you all!

Still no email for me, but thanks for posting! And umm, please let them know asap that you're not attending! 

Hi guys! I'm Sam. I just called CSUEB and SJSU. EB said they're sending their decisions by this Friday. (I forgot to ask if it would be email or mail! But according to marina's previous post, probably email?) And SJ said they're sending theirs out by mail "over the next two weeks." So I guess that means we could possibly hear from them after April 15th. :/

Edited by sambeans

Hi guys! I'm Sam. I just called CSUEB and SJSU. EB said they're sending their decisions by this Friday. (I forgot to ask if it would be email or mail! But according to marina's previous post, probably email?) And SJ said they're sending theirs out by mail "over the next two weeks." So I guess that means we could possibly hear from them after April 15th. :/

Huh! I kind of wonder if that's SJSU's stock response. Back on the the 3rd, someone posted on the results board: also I emailed them and they said decisions will be "mailed out over the course of the next two weeks" Granted, it hasn't been that long since the 3rd, but still... Oh well, hopefully they get it together soon, especially with the 15th looming. :)

So I also emailed SJSU's department coordinator Nikole earlier today and Dr. Kimbarow emailed me back saying I should have already gotten a letter in the mail and that I was accepted! 

check your permanent mailing address! That's where I got my acceptance letter :) 

Hi SamBeans,

Congrats!! Where are you thinking about going?

Were you accepted tp CSUEB MS program or the extended MS program?

Thank you! Right now I am leaning towards San Jose State because of in state tuition, I have friends and family there... I was accepted to SJSU's MA program. I haven't heard from CSUEB yet.

I was told East Bay is easier to get into than SDSU, no?

I'm not sure which is more difficult to get into but I was waitlisted as a CC-I last year at East Bay. In my rejection email they said there were 281 applicants for 16 spots. 

I'm not sure which is more difficult to get into but I was waitlisted as a CC-I last year at East Bay. In my rejection email they said there were 281 applicants for 16 spots. 

According to the results search:

SDSU: 400 applicants for only 37 spots -9.2%

East Bay: 281 applicants for 16 spots -5.6%