I/O career with Experimental Ph.D.?

I am in an experimental psychology Ph.D. program.  My research is on personality and social pscyhology in the workplace.  Do you think that this degree would be marketable as an I/O degree?  Would a post doc in I/O help if not?  I thought about switching programs after my MA this year but that would be a huge hastle seeing as I would have to leave the state.  If I could do everything with a Ph.D. in experimental psychology that I could do with a Ph.D. in I/O then I would much rather stay here.  Help!

I would also like to add that some of my courses are Business or MGT oriented in the hopes that this would make me even more marketable.

Edited by johnalexanderevans

Hi JohnAlexander,

I believe you've already gotten some good answers to this question when you posted it in another thread. 

If you aren't getting the answer(s) you're looking for, this might not be the best place to ask this question.  It might be a good idea to talk with I/O psychologists who are already working in I/O.  Or call some consulting firms and tell them your situation, and see what they say about your potential marketability.

Edited by Bren2014