What Political Science school should I apply to...

jokmiecik

I was wondering what political science graduate programs I should be applying for, I want to concentrate on International Relations, American Politics, and Political Economy. I have both a MA and BA from in history from a small state university. My GRE scores were Q 158 V 159 A 4.5. My graduate GPA was a 4.0 in Diplomatic History. Any suggestions to which schools I am likely to get accepted into with a full ride would be great.

The have not made my mind up regarding my subfield yet, but I was hoping to get some advice as to what schools I should start looking at? My overall research interest is the degree to which American foreign policy impacts international relations particular MENA and EU issues.

It seems that you are not interested in American Politics (study of congress and the presidency) that much, but solely IR. There are faculty at almost every school that is interested in American foreign policy. Princeton, OSU, Cornell, UCSD, Georgetown, UNC, etc. It is impossible to say where you are likely to get accepted with funding. Most (not all) students admitted to the top 20 have scores 160+, but it is still worth a shot. Apply widely. IR is one of the most competitive subfields.  It is often recommend to apply to around 15 schools. I find this ridiculous, but admissions is partly luck....