Addressing little research experience

I do have some, but not tons of research experience, so I am afraid I am a bit behind of my potential competition.

Should I:

a) address this shortly, in one sentence,  and try to turn it in my favor? Something on the lines of- My country/university didn't offer much research opportunities or funding, but i seized every opportunity available and volunteered whenever I could, making the best out of it and learning a lot

b ) avoid this issue entirely so I don't sound apologetic, and try to highlight the research I did do

Edited by Washoe

I'd say definitely B. Option a) could definitely come across as 'blaming' your undergrad institution for your lack of experience, which I think can be read really unfavourably. Focus on the stuff you have done, and make up for the lack of quantity by emphasizing its quality :)

You should have at least one of your recommenders say A about you. You should not say A, but instead talk about the specifics of the research experience(s) you do have, explain what you learned and how it informed your decision to attend grad school and your current research interests.