Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

Some would say this week is pretty much the last week to hear of acceptances. Good luck everybody!

I disagree. Berkeley made several offers last February. So did many other schools.

Congrats to everyone who heard from Harvard today (I didn't apply). I still haven't heard anything from 4 of my programs. It's not looking good considering I still don't have any acceptances  :unsure:

Edited by lellies

Have a lot of people heard from UNC and Wisconsin??

I didn't apply to Wisconsin, but I'm also waiting to hear from UNC. There are only a few (early?) acceptances on the results page, so I haven't lost hope yet.

Congrats to everyone who heard from Harvard today (I didn't apply). I still haven't heard anything from 4 of my programs. It's not looking good considering I still don't have any acceptances  :unsure:

Same, except a rejection from U Mich :/

Oops sorry about that! Good luck I hope you hear back

You're fine. I am actually not an applicant this year, I am doing my first year at the U of U :) There has been rumors that the Chem Department is raising the grad student stipend this year so I thought it would be a good idea to ask around here if anyone is applying to the U. The Biological Chemistry Program (BCP) at the U is actually a pretty sweet deal, at least it is a much better deal than the Chem Department (better pay, easier classes, etc.), but of course it is harder to get in. Good luck! Hope you will enjoy your visit to this beautiful city!

I didn't apply to Wisconsin, but I'm also waiting to hear from UNC. There are only a few (early?) acceptances on the results page, so I haven't lost hope yet.

From what I have heard so far, Boulder has one of the best chem program in the country. It is getting harder and harder to get admitted to Boulder each year, they are on par with schools like UCB, UNC, etc. Good luck!

Edited by zs3889

Yesterday I got a letter from Yale stating funding ($31,000/year). Now I'm waiting to find out funding for Princeton AND to hear back from MIT and Harvard. Congrats to those who have heard from them already. Hopefully they keep sending some acceptances soon.

So I was admitted to UW Madison a few weeks ago, but have yet to receive any info about their visitation weekends. Should I email the coordinator asking, or have other people not yet received this info?

I also didn't receive it very quickly. So I emailed them and they emailed back with a letter containing all the info promptly. I would recommend doing the same. Not sure why they're so slow to get this done. Seeing that it seems to be happening frequently makes me think they're not especially organized. Good luck!

So I was admitted to UW Madison a few weeks ago, but have yet to receive any info about their visitation weekends. Should I email the coordinator asking, or have other people not yet received this info?

I received visitation information from the first admit letter they sent me. If you don't get an e-mail back I can send you a copy of the itinerary they sent me.

Guys this week is still early in on the acceptance/rejection season. I was looking through the Fall 2013 forum for chem phd, ALOT of people were accepted throughout february into early march.  So don't anticipate decisions to come out this week.

Does anyone know the visit dates for UT Austin? Sorry if this has been addressed already. I searched the thread, but didn't see anything.

I wonder if it's a bad thing that I haven't heard anything back from them yet. It looks like they sent out a bunch of acceptances around this time last year. I guess it was kind of a long shot for me, anyway :/

Edited by MaudDib

Does anyone know the visitation dates for UT Austin? Sorry if this has been addressed already. I searched the thread, but didn't see anything.

I wonder if it's a bad thing that I haven't heard anything back from them yet. It looks like they sent out a bunch of acceptances around this time last year. I guess it was kind of a long shot for me, anyway :/

I'm visiting February 21-22, and I know they have visits March 21-22

Does anyone know the visit dates for UT Austin? Sorry if this has been addressed already. I searched the thread, but didn't see anything.

Same boat :/

At least they haven't sent anymore acceptances this past week it seems, so maybe there's one more wave coming...

Edited by Boron

Georgia Tech came in today for me. 24,000 stipend (but with 2200 in fees per year).  1000 in health supplement. I also got 5,500 for a President's Fellowship.

Good luck everyone else. CalTech is still yanking my chain. Hopefully I will hear this week....

Georgia Tech came in today for me. 24,000 stipend (but with 2200 in fees per year). 1000 in health supplement. I also got 5,500 for a President's Fellowship

Congratulations! Would you happen to know when their visitation weekends are?