Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

My application was complete at the end of October. I got the acceptance on December 30th. I also applied to inorganic. It looks to me, according to the results page, that they're still making decisions. Someone just posted today, in fact. Keep the hope alive and good luck!

Thanks for the info! 

Everyone is getting me very nervous right now. I have yet to receive any acceptances and it's the end of January already. :/

You have an interview though and that's almost a guaranteed in! Additionally, I haven't seen many of the schools you applied to make decisions. It's still early for many schools. Keep your head up!

Everyone is getting me very nervous right now. I have yet to receive any acceptances and it's the end of January already. :/

YaBoyAR is actually right, for your schools it's too soon to say anything.

But for MIT, Yale and Columbia it's a different story.

Let's face it, If we don't get any answer by the end of next week, our chances of getting in are rather low.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Paschi20

It sucks dude, I know because I'm in the same situation...

But let's face it, If we don't get any answer by the end of next week, our chances of getting in are rather low.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm in the same spot as well. Seeing some acceptances appear for Penn and Yale pretty much killed it for me though. I'll give it another week or two before losing all hope.

I just checked mine right now and it's blue too.

Also, have any of you received an official letter of admission from Yale?  I've had a professor email me that I would be accepted way back in December, but still no official letter with stipend and other information.  It's making me worry that they might have changed their minds or something.

Call them. Basically same thing happened with me and Berkeley. Had to call to get things straightened out but once I did I got the official email in 30 min. 

Well, another Friday passed, and nothing from Berkeley. I guess, another stressful weekend of waiting.

For those who applied to Yale - my best friend got his status updated online today, so check out the websites.

Well, another Friday passed, and nothing from Berkeley. I guess, another stressful weekend of waiting.

For those who applied to Yale - my best friend got his status updated online today, so check out the websites.

I did too (Yale). 

For those that applied to Georgia Tech, they will begin making offers on Tuesday. Good luck!

Hi YaBoyAR, Is like you are in Atlanta, I applied to Georgia State University Chemistry Department, Organic division PhD. Do you by chance have any information about their admission process? I will be grateful if you could help me get any useful information? Thanks my brother from another mother! lol

Hi YaBoyAR, Is like you are in Atlanta, I applied to Georgia State University Chemistry Department, Organic division PhD. Do you by chance have any information about their admission process? I will be grateful if you could help me get any useful information? Thanks my brother from another mother! lol

Lol. No clue man. I only know about GT because I ran into the head of the adcom committee in the coffee line. Good luck though!

Sorry, I am not in chemistry but I did apply to MIT/WHOI, and I have the same message. On the same day, I got an email from the program saying my application was ready for review and  I would be notified by feb 28th. So i think this is fairly normal for everyone

Sorry, I am not in chemistry but I did apply to MIT/WHOI, and I have the same message. On the same day, I got an email from the program saying my application was ready for review and  I would be notified by feb 28th. So i think this is fairly normal for everyone

Feb 28th? That's so far! Then again next month will fly by for me. I'll be teaching three courses. AHHHHH!!!!!

Did anyone here apply to University of Utah? Mind sharing the stipend that they are offering?

Thanks

I have an interview for the University of Utah Biological Chemistry Program in the beginning of Feb. Their website says their stipend is 26k/year

I have an interview for the University of Utah Biological Chemistry Program in the beginning of Feb. Their website says their stipend is 26k/year

The Biological Chemistry Program at the U of Utah is actually not under the Chemistry Department, so the stipend they provide is different (higher) than the Chemistry Department stipend.

The Biological Chemistry Program at the U of Utah is actually not under the Chemistry Department, so the stipend they provide is different (higher) than the Chemistry Department stipend.

Oops sorry about that! Good luck I hope you hear back

Feb 28th? That's so far! Then again next month will fly by for me. I'll be teaching three courses. AHHHHH!!!!!

Feb 28th is the last date you'll hear by. I'm sure you'll hear well before then, and they might just be giving a late date to cover all their bases in case the admissions committee delays their decision making. Good luck!

Hi myself Pinaki, I have applied for Stony Brook PhD chemistry but have not heard anything yet, has anyone applied there

I heard on January 8th.  "Our two formal visiting days this year will be Friday, February 21, and Friday, March 14, 2014."

Hi myself Pinaki, I have applied for Stony Brook PhD chemistry but have not heard anything yet, has anyone applied there

I know they have reviewed all the international applications at the beginning of the month. (Over heard one of the admissions committee members talking about it) Not sure about whether or not they have sent the results yet, but good luck!

Edited by Boron