can a school still see my score if i sent it to them last year?

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I have a weird situation. I was considering applying to grad school last year (to start this Fall). I decided to delay a year to apply to a more specific field. I paid for the GRE months in advance but decided not to apply that year so I never studied for it. Then the time came when I had my GRE scheduled, so I decided to take it. I didn't study whatsoever so I did mediocre on it. I sent the scores to three schools the day of the test. Not really sure why. Guess I wasn't thinking. Now, a year later, one of the schools I sent the scores to last year, I still want to apply to. However, this school does not require or even ask for a GRE score. I asked them if they'd accept them anyway and they said yes, but it may or may not have an effect. Anyway, that's the school I really want to go to and I don't know if I feel like retaking the GRE. The problem is, even if they don't require or ask for GRE scores, I don't want them to be able to see a mediocre score. The question is, will they be able to still see it when they review my application package? By the time I apply, it'll be about 14 months since the time I sent it. I'm considering retaking it and sending the new score to them just so they'll see a better score, even though they don't ask for scores. 

Edited by JoeyBoy718