Waitlists

reallywantcolumbia

There doesnt seem to be anything up on this

So people:

Have you been put onto a waitlist? Where? funding?

Would you take the offer if you were taken off the waitlist?

Have any of you ever been accepted off of a waitlist? When did it happen? Did they let you know abt funding at the same time?

Does anyone have any tips on what do once you find out you're on the waitlist? Any way to improve your chances?

How long would you wait for a waitlist decision before choosing a straight acceptance? April 1st? 10th? 15th? How often can you call/email them about the decision?

I'd love to hear peoples' stories on this. seems like there's not much by way of a roadmap on waitlists.

I'm on 3 waitlists.

I'd go to 2 of them in a heartbeat. Do people usually take wait lists as insults and turn down acceptances if they come through? That seems a bit silly.

I really don't know what to do about the wait list situation. I emailed 2 programs after I received my wait list notification but haven't been in touch since then.

I guess my decision will be made on April 15th.

I'm on two waitlists.

I called them- I left one a voicemail, and the other just called me back- I would definitely call rather than send emails though. The lady I talked to was very nice and gave me all the info I needed to know (ranks, how large the waitlist is, what I can do to help strengthen my application etc.)

No word on funding.

Hope that helps!

The lady I talked to was very nice and gave me all the info I needed to know (ranks, how large the waitlist is, what I can do to help strengthen my application etc.)

did they say anything on how to help your application get off the waitlist? Is there a magic trick?? :D

I'm on two waitlists.

I called them- I left one a voicemail, and the other just called me back- I would definitely call rather than send emails though. The lady I talked to was very nice and gave me all the info I needed to know (ranks, how large the waitlist is, what I can do to help strengthen my application etc.)

No word on funding.

Hope that helps!

oh if you don't mind, which programs? i think i'll do that this week if i don't hear from anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

I am on a waitlist at Clark for the Genocide Studies Program. It's a waitlist "pending funding" and I will hear by April 30.

I am desperate to find out if someone else is on this waitlist. Or admitted, for that matter :-)

I happen to know one person who just got a rejection.