Back-to-back Fletcher and SIPA admit open houses!

simpp09

So, making plans to visit schools on the east coast, I realized that the Fletcher and SIPA admit receptions are planned back-to-back, Fletcher on April 13 and SIPA on April 14. With such a big decision on the line, I'd really like to go to both, but am trying figure out the best way to commute from one to the other. Does anyone have advice for the most convenient, cost effective way to get from Boston to NYC on the night of April 13? Or, alternatively, are there any fellow admits planning on attending both who are interested in carpooling? Maybe we can coordinate a cheaper, easier-on-the-environment way to get from one to the other. Any ideas on mitigating the potential weirdness of riding with strangers are also welcome...maybe a pre-'meet and greet' on facebook?

I'd already mentioned coordinating the trip with anyone else who will be making it. The Chinatown bus (Fung Wah or Lucky Star) will run every hour until 10pm or so, takes 4 hours, and costs $15. I think I'll try and edge in an announcement at some point during the day at Fletcher so we can just all take over one bus - no point in a boring commute, right?

oof! i am clearly not a very thorough forum reader. thanks, zourah! i think that's a great idea, i'm definitely in. i decided to skip the SAIS open house, but will definitely take you up on your offer of shared notes.

:lol: OMG, please don't ride the Chinatown... they drive waaay too fast and they ran over a lady a few months back.... um go with MegaBus or the BoltBus.

www.megabus.com or www.boltbus.com

I used the megabus between the Boston area and NYC for interviews in January... but on my way back to NYC from Boston I missed my megabus connect and had to take the Lucky Star... it was an interesting and pretty scary experience....

Are you kidding? Megabus's schedules are the most unreliable. Boltbus is fine but often requires pre-booking, which I don't like (for example, what if I end up in an interesting conversation and end up sticking around an extra hour after the final event?) I've spent considerable time on the Fung Wah bus over the past year and have found it to be reliable. To each his/her own, but I'll stick with the Chinatown.