I just cannot believe Stanford didn't even answer my call!

liuaqiang1

I have applied to Stanford's Struture Engineering this fall. Have any guys heard from them? I searched the result, there are only a few whose truth I serious doubt.

I am nearly crazy. I called the office and had been sending emails. Those guys didn't even bother to reply...I am speechless...

I just need a conclusion. Does this request go too far? We have paid $105 for reviewing our materials. Isn't it even worth an email to inform us the decision?

Mine...I am totally insane now...

Drink a little something and take two Vicodin.

No, seriously, Stanford is a huge institution. Badgering them probably won't do any good since they're probably swamped with inquiring minds. They are probably overloaded in their applications and taxed in general. I would keep waiting, sadly, as you've done all you can. Let it go as best you can, in whatever way you can.

Either they'll get back to you or they won't - you're not entitled to anything, you've asked for something and you simply might not (or may) get it, but only in due time.

For as painful and awful as this is, it is that simple and that complex. Don't think about it...

Just drink (or dance, sing, pillage - whatever your style is).

I had a somewhat similar experience with Stanford (although with a different department). They didn't respond to my e-mail, but a few days later I got a rejection letter. I'm not saying by any means that this means you're going to be rejected. I think sometimes though when they have a lot of inquiries and they know that you will be hearing from them soon in one manner or another and so they don't bother to reply to you directly. I guess I'm saying give them the benefit of the doubt and if you still haven't heard in another week (or maybe two weeks if you're not in the US?) bug them again.

I just need a conclusion. Does this request go too far?

I don't think it's asking too much to be informed after a decision has been made. Did you try emailing your potential adviser? The grad students in the department might also know if a decision has been made (so you can at least know what's going on). Unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do but wait, and large schools can make you wait a long time. It's difficult, but that's the way it is.

I don't think it's asking too much to be informed after a decision has been made. Did you try emailing your potential adviser? The grad students in the department might also know if a decision has been made (so you can at least know what's going on). Unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do but wait, and large schools can make you wait a long time. It's difficult, but that's the way it is.

I know all I can do is to wait. But I am not the lonely puppet on this string. I have other choices...It's just I love it too much...Mine

I had a somewhat similar experience with Stanford (although with a different department). They didn't respond to my e-mail, but a few days later I got a rejection letter. I'm not saying by any means that this means you're going to be rejected. I think sometimes though when they have a lot of inquiries and they know that you will be hearing from them soon in one manner or another and so they don't bother to reply to you directly. I guess I'm saying give them the benefit of the doubt and if you still haven't heard in another week (or maybe two weeks if you're not in the US?) bug them again.

For me what matters is whether there is a conclusion...Actually I just wanna finish my waiting...

Drink a little something and take two Vicodin.

No, seriously, Standford is a huge institution. Badgering them probably won't do any good since they're probably swamped with inquiring minds. They are probably overloaded in their applications and taxed in general. I would keep waiting, sadly, as you've done all you can. Let it go as best you can, in whatever way you can.

Either they'll get back to you or they won't - you're not entitled to anything, you've asked for something and you simply might not (or may) get it, but only in due time.

For as painful and awful as this is, it is that simple and that complex. Don't think about it...

Just drink (or dance, sing, pillage - whatever your style is).

I just hope they won't inform me on fool's day like what ETS did to me as for my TOEFL score....Waiting really can drive us crazy

I just hope they won't inform me on fool's day like what ETS did to me as for my TOEFL score....Waiting really can drive us crazy

Oh, I totally understand the stir crazy bit. Its the reason I keep the vicodin handy. But we're really not entitled to shit in this process. Sucks, but it's true. I mean, in the 'real world' very few resume rejections ever get notified. The steady silence and lack of a call back is all you get.

Not sure if this applies to your program as well, but at least for the geology department they haven't sent any notifications out to anyone. They didn't even make their final decisions until last week (March 20) and they are on Spring Break now, so I probably won't know anything until next week.

I think they are having to cut back their budget a lot so it is taking them a lot longer to decide who to let in.

Good luck!

Oh, I totally understand the stir crazy bit. Its the reason I keep the vicodin handy. But we're really not entitled to shit in this process. Sucks, but it's true. I mean, in the 'real world' very few resume rejections ever get notified. The steady silence and lack of a call back is all you get.

Yeah...I can see what's going on here...Just wait...

Not sure if this applies to your program as well, but at least for the geology department they haven't sent any notifications out to anyone. They didn't even make their final decisions until last week (March 20) and they are on Spring Break now, so I probably won't know anything until next week.

I think they are having to cut back their budget a lot so it is taking them a lot longer to decide who to let in.

Good luck!

Thanks...I think probably I will make my decision without stanford...It hurts...