PhD in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research Fall 2014

Industrial-apply

Please do! :)) that's my desperate dream school!!!

I decided to attend CMU Tepper ACO program. I hope you will get an offer of admission from Tepper OR.

Any news from Goeriga tech or University of Florida ?

I think UF released decisions quite a while ago... some of my friends found their decisions in their spam folders, so you should check there just in case.

I know some people have been accepted to ISyE at Georgia Tech. I got an informal rejection though.

Any news from Goeriga tech or University of Florida ?

I think UF released decisions quite a while ago... some of my friends found their decisions in their spam folders, so you should check there just in case.

Just curious have you made your final decision?? Edited by butler3

I know some people have been accepted to ISyE at Georgia Tech. I got an informal rejection though.

I have not received anything from both schools yet ! Hopefully no news is good news :)

Apparently they are still reviewing my application :D

Edited by M9arg3

Not yet. Still have another school visit next week. How about you?

Hi, went to all the schools? Which one impressed you the most? Decided yet? Seems that you are the super start here. Whatever decision you make, this will hurt a bunch of top programs' hearts. haha.

Hi, went to all the schools? Which one impressed you the most? Decided yet? Seems that you are the super start here. Whatever decision you make, this will hurt a bunch of top programs' hearts. haha.

I still have one more visit (MIT) this week, so I haven't decided yet. Out of the ones I've gone to, I think Cornell was the best fit for me, but I'll have to think about it more. I have met plenty of people at visits that have had more success with applications this year :P  I think they may just not post on this forum.

Can you guys help me make decision between

TAMU, Mays Business School - Operations Management and University of Minnesota - Carson School - Operations

1. Overall program 

2. Campus Life and Off Campus Life

3. Cost of Living

4. Program Prestige 

Do you know who you'd work with if you went to umich?

No, I asked who my initial adviser would be but they said it wasn't set. It's a little worrying, the two people who I like and who I've been in contact with were pretty popular. Did they tell you? Whens the MIT weekend so supa-stars can start turning down offers?

Did you decide? Michigan IOE is really awesome.

Not yet, I'm still waiting on Columbia. I guess you and me are in the same boat? Small world, I emailed them and they said the waitlist was pretty short so I'm gonna try and hold out

No, I asked who my initial adviser would be but they said it wasn't set. It's a little worrying, the two people who I like and who I've been in contact with were pretty popular. Did they tell you? Whens the MIT weekend so supa-stars can start turning down offers?

They didn't tell me, but I'm currently a student there so I would just continue working with the professor that I currently do research with while potentially being co-advised by another faculty member. I assume one of the people that you're interested in is Lee, who is the other? MIT's visit is this Thursday/Friday.

They didn't tell me, but I'm currently a student there so I would just continue working with the professor that I currently do research with while potentially being co-advised by another faculty member. I assume one of the people that you're interested in is Lee, who is the other? MIT's visit is this Thursday/Friday.

Haha yeah man, his work is awesome, others Denton ><. Are you the undergrad I sat next to during the hockey game? If so, hi!

It's really lame that MIT's weekend is so late. As the top school they're holding up the whole process :[

I was accepted to the Operations Research programs at Ohio State and North Carolina State. Can anyone compare the two schools or give me any information to help me decide?

NCSU is a gorgeous campus and Raleigh is a wonderful town. They just built a new math building that's really awesome. Everyone I met there was really friendly and they have a really good OR reputation. Also supa strong stats. I know very little about OSU and I'm pretty biased but I would choose NCSU

Edited by ndie_sosu