International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Okay so something really weird happened on my application status.

While my application status is in consideration, my scholarship application by IHEID was refused.

Well here goes the geneva dream out of the window.

Congratulations to all the acceptances and good luck to people waiting!

Angie, I'm so sorry to hear that. In my opinion, before they consider the scholarship applications, they already decided to give these people admission, which means you definitely will receive an offer from IHEID.

It's a long waiting for first-round people.

Angie, I'm so sorry to hear that. In my opinion, before they consider the scholarship applications, they already decided to give these people admission, which means you definitely will receive an offer from IHEID.

It's a long waiting for first-round people.

Well my application is still under condition. Plus what good is admittance without funding? I mean OFCOURSE it's good for ppl who can afford to go but still.

Well my application is still under condition. Plus what good is admittance without funding? I mean OFCOURSE it's good for ppl who can afford to go but still.

I understand, but for me I still hope it's admission rather than rejection. Maybe it's just system problem. Let's see the email in the following three days.

angie don't lose hope just yet. People say problems that can be solved with money are not problems. There must be some truth in this

Okay so something really weird happened on my application status.

While my application status is in consideration, my scholarship application by IHEID was refused.

Well here goes the geneva dream out of the window.

Congratulations to all the acceptances and good luck to people waiting!

Don't give up hope Angie! Perhaps there's a scholarship waiting list as well. In any case, there's always cheese and wine in Sciences Po!

so do IHEID students consider themselves as part of University of Geneva? :rolleyes:

Most of us don't, because our campus is separate, we are allowed to take one course at UniGe, but no more etc. Many do use UniGe facilities, though! B)  IHEID kind of is its own little bubble in Geneva, we tend to be closer to the intern crowd than the general student crowd, since many of us intern at the UN while studying. I will say that there's completely different IHEID experiences depending on which program you choose. I chose IHEID over Oxford, JHU SAIS, Yale and Warwick, and changed from MIA to M.A. in IR/PS after arriving. I did not regret any of my choices!

I understand, but for me I still hope it's admission rather than rejection. Maybe it's just system problem. Let's see the email in the following three days.

angie don't lose hope just yet. People say problems that can be solved with money are not problems. There must be some truth in this

Don't give up hope Angie! Perhaps there's a scholarship waiting list as well. In any case, there's always cheese and wine in Sciences Po!

Thank you you guys! Its just frustrating to have such unusual thing happening. It just doesnt makes sense that I am neither accepted or rejected for admission but I am refused for scholarship. They either give admissions first or both the admission and scholarship result together. I am really hoping it is nothing but a technical glitch.

@Sanfan - yes i am eagerly waiting for the email to come so that i have a clear view of what exactly is going on. 

@Cai - Thats so true and on an ideal level does makes sense but right now on a realistic "I-am-broke, i need scholarship" level it unfortunately doesnt help. :(

@Mych - Haha I am sure Paris would have the worlds best wine and equally good cheese but I dont drink wine and i am not a fond of cheese but I get your reference about seeing the silver lining behind these dark IHEID clouds. 

Edited by k_angie

Thank you you guys! Its just frustrating to have such unusual thing happening. It just doesnt makes sense that I am neither accepted or rejected for admission but I am refused for scholarship. They either give admissions first or both the admission and scholarship result together. I am really hoping it is nothing but a technical glitch.

You could just send them an email/give them a call, if you don't hear soon!

You could just send them an email/give them a call, if you don't hear soon!

Yes if by the official IHEID working timings I dont hear from them. I shall mail them. Though have you heard of such a thing happening? 

Hello everyone,

Congrats to all those who got in, no more anxiety :) .

and for thiose of us on the waiting list, all the very best. If you get in, congrats, if you eventually don't, it doesnt define you.

Best Regards.

Yes if by the official IHEID working timings I dont hear from them. I shall mail them. Though have you heard of such a thing happening?

Hey! One of my batchmates has been refused the scholarship. The status

was changed on her application form as well.

My application is still under consideration.I'm troubled.

Okay so I just emailed IHEID and Ms Eicher just got back to me with this. I think it might be very well be a glitch. She said the following.

"Dear Angel,

Thank you for your message.

You will receive tomorrow morning the decisions on both admission and scholarship.

Please, be patient,

Best regards,

Paola Eicher"

So well there might just be home and silver linings and all. Sigh. Relieved. Happy.

Okay so I just emailed IHEID and Ms Eicher just got back to me with this. I think it might be very well be a glitch. She said the following.

"Dear Angel,

You will receive tomorrow morning the decisions on both admission and scholarship.

Please, be patient,

Best regards,

Paola Eicher"

So well there might just be home and silver linings and all. Sigh. Relieved. Happy.

ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!!!

MINE IS STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION. NTH HAS CHANGED 

"Dear Angel,

Please, be patient,

Best regards,

Paola Eicher"

Best wishes Angie!!! Finally!!! 

Thank you :)

I hope the same for you too. 

Lets see what tomorrow brings, hopefully an admittance with full scholarship. :D

That would be the best. Then we can do the picnic thing.  :)  :)

Wether we are admitted or not, we, the first-round-people should open a business teaching and guiding perspective students on the whole IHEID application process.

Cuz we have been through the freaking whole period/process over the last four months. I applied on the 9th of Nov, 2013. Today is 12th Mar, 2014. 

We can provide consoling service to ease the anxiety during waiting period, technical support on personal statement and scholarship statement writing and communicating with IHEID (or with Paola).

Who wants to invest in my new business?   

That would be the best. Then we can do the picnic thing.  :)  :)

Definitely! :D

Wether we are admitted or not, we, the first-round-people should open a business teaching and guiding perspective students on the whole IHEID application process.

Cuz we have been through the freaking whole period/process over the last four months. I applied on the 9th of Nov, 2013. Today is 12th Mar, 2014. 

We can provide consoling service to ease the anxiety during waiting period, technical support on personal statement and scholarship statement writing and communicating with IHEID (or with Paola).

Duh! Count me in. Shit this will be such an awesome business venture. We will make huge bucks and then we can go to school if we arent given scholarship now! 

Mic you really have some hilariously good ideas. :D

Haha, that's a  brilliant idea.  :)

I applied on the 8th of November. It's a long way. Right now my only feeling is too tired to love(累觉不爱). But a lot of peace. I believe all of us can handle waiting and pressure better in future. No matter the results, after all, all roads lead to Rome.  :)

If not IHEID, whats you next choice?

For me, if not IHEID, I will take the double master between Warwick University and Konstanz University. First year in UK, second year in Germany, which maybe is a good thing since I always want to improve my English and German.  :)